Chapter 48.

"L-Luchesi" I whispered warily looking at him with wide confused eyes as his chest rose and fell rapidly.

He looked back at me with his bottom lip taken in between his straight teeth. He didn't know I knew about the mother, he thought Harry kept me in the dark. Little did he know. I watched him exhale shakily as his nerves coursed through his veins.

"He told you, didn't he?" he said with wide eyes, similar to mine.

"How do you know she's alive?" I asked not even bothering to dance around the bush.

"It's a long story, Arabella" he replied making me tilt my head.

"I have time" I said with a raised brow. There was no way I was going to let him walk anywhere near that door without me having the knowledge of the situation. Call me nosy, but I don't care.

"I really shouldn't tell you" he said shaking his head quickly.

"Please, I know what Harry thinks happened to her and basically everything else" I pleaded hoping he would comply.

"What did he tell you?" he asked with squinted eyes and his hand scratching the scruff on his face.

"Well, I know about what you and you did to him and what your father did to you. He told me what the three of you did to your mother and how she ran away" I said.

"Harry told you all that?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"Well, he showed me" I shrugged watching the brother nod.

"Ah yes, that art room of his. That was a surprise wasn't it?" he said with raised eyebrows making me nod.

"It was, I had no idea at all" I chuckled out watching his brother nod along.

There was a brief beat of silence between the two of us as Luchesi watched out into the dark wooded property that Harry had owned. I wondered what Luchesi lived in. Did he live in a beautiful house like Harry, or did he live somewhere small and cheap? Probably the first option.

"I will tell you, on one condition" he said making my head snap over towards him.

"Anything" I said, meaning each and every syllable.

"You must not tell Harry under any circumstances until I do. I mean it I do not want him hearing it from anybody but me" he growled out making my eyes widen at his sudden dominance.

"O-Okay" I said, taking a slow step away from the man. He huffed and pushed a piece of hair away from his eyes.

"When our mother left, her goal was not to get away from me or from Harry, not at all. She wanted to give us time to grow up, to allow us to mature and see what we are doing wrong. Sure, leaving us in the hands of our father was not the best option on her part but she did" he began making me nod.

"Was she trying to get away from your father?" I asked making him shake his head.

"No" he replied calmly. "My mother and father were both young, she wanted the three of us to all grow up. After she left, my father couldn't find her and since he was my father, he refused to admit defeat so he just assumed she would die at some point and just went with that. Me and Harry were crushed, devastated actually and I guess we both toughed up even more after that"

"When did he start painting?" I asked taking in everything Luchesi was saying.

"A little bit after she left, once my father found out, he flipped. Burned each and every drawing, doodle, painting, anything he did. He claimed it was 'gay' and he wouldn't have his son doing such feminine things. He was crushed, although he tried to hid it, he was and I felt bad. That's when I really tried to start making ends with him" he said rubbing the bottom half of his face.