Chapter 15 - The Bell Test

(Idk if I said this before but...I write this for fun. It can be discontinued all of a sudden or get put on a hiatus. Yeah so...owo)

(Anyways. Continuing on the story.)

"Naruto....Naruto!!!" Kiori called. The blonde didn't respond. She scratched her head in frustration. "I'm gonna be late if I don't go soon..."

She was fully dressed in her ninja wear while Naruto...was still asleep. 

"Ughh, I'm going," Kiori growled before storming out of the door.

Naruto didn't even respond as she slammed the door close.

3 hours later

"AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Naruto screamed as he ran into the training grounds. "I'M SO LATEEE!!!!!!"

To his surprise, his sensei had not arrived yet. His three other teammates woke up groggily from the noise. 

"Kiori!!! Why didn't you wake me up?!" Naruto whined.

"I did...you fucking baka..." Kiori growled, a dark aura surrounding her. "You wouldn't wake."

"Ah...haha..." Naruto chuckled nervously. "S-Sorry."

"Hello my cute little genins!!!" Kakashi eye-smiled as he appeared in smoke right behind Naruto, which scared the shit out of the poor blone.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! SENSEI!!!!! YOU'RE LATE!!!! AND DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!!!" Naruto screamed.

"As if you're not late yourself..." Kiori muttered.

"Maa, don't be like that, my cute little genins. Now," he pulled out a clock and set it down on the ground. "The timer is set to noon," he took out three bells from his pocket. "You have to get these from me before noon...or you fail."

"Hah!!! This'll be easy!!!" Naruto scoffed.

"People like you are always the first ones to fail," Kakashi eyed him with a slightly stern look.

"Tsk, whatever, let's just get this going," Kiori got in a fighting stance as she cracked her middle finger with her thumb. 

Kakashi raised an eyebrow at her action. "Well...start in 3...2...1..."

Sasuke and Sakura hid in bushes while Kiori and Naruto stood on their spots. 

'Oh yeah. I forgot. Ninjas are supposed to hide and strike. I'm an idiot,' Kiori thought with blank eyes. 'Ahhhh fuck. I'm too used to fighting head on.'

"Hm, I expected the blonde to stay but you too? That's a surprise," Kakashi said.

"Hah!!! We'll show you what we can do!!!" Naruto smirked and charged.

'We?' Kakashi thought. 'Did they figure out the purpose of this test?'

'Damn...he's much better than those shitty investigators,' Kiori narrowed her eyes as Kakashi dodged a kick from her. 

'And I must hide part of my strength...this sucks. I wanted to try out the 'leg-twist' technique that Kaneki uses. But I can't use that now. They'll get supicious if I heal so quickly.'

Her eyes widened as Kakashi's hand moved to his weapon pouch. She got into a defensive stance, stopping her attacks.

He pulled something out.

'Orange...'

Dramatic slow motion.

'Could it be...a box full of explosives...?'