Chapter 40 - Head

I understand, I understand that you want to kill me rn.

I have already thought of how this book would end, but I couldn't find away to connect this to the ending.

Gimme a while to recall what happened the last few chaps.

---

"You're back," Miyo looked up at Kiori who nodded.

"Where's Ayato?" she looked around.

"Off tracking down the guy who killed Touka," Miyo answered. "By the way...."

She glanced at the pink haired teen standing by the river.

"Why is she following us?"

"I don't really know..." Kiori muttered. "But...."

"What!? That's so cool!" The blonde yelled with a grin.

"He's...." Kiori frowned.

"I'll never give up, dattebayo!"

"I'm a dumbass.....Why did I even try to force myself to hate him...?" Kiori muttered, gritting her teeth. "Dumbass..."

"Huh...." Miyo raised her eyebrows.

She sighed before standing up, waling towards Sakura as the pink haired teen stood up to face her.

"Are you sure, Haruno?"

"Sure what...?" Sakura asked.

"You might die if you follow us," Kiori said.

"Naruto...."

Kiori narrowed her eyes.

"Naruto wanted to.....help you," Sakura looked up at Kiori. "I'm useless. The only thing I can do is to cling to others desperately without a will of my own. I'll make it clear, Kiori. I don't....want to help you. I'm only doing this because it's what Naruto would do."

Kiori sighed. "What the hell....whatever."

As she turned around to walk away, Sakura spoke. "What do you think of Naruto?"

Kiori glanced at her. "What do you think of him?"

"He's....my only hope," Sakura answered. "He continues living in my heart......."

There was silence.

Sakura gave Kiori a cold glare. "You don't deserve him."

"You're right.....I don't," Kiori smiled. "I'm probably the worst person to ever exist in this world.....I don't deserve anything I have right now."

She heaved a quiet sigh before walking away.

'Now....we need to find him.'

"Miyo, we're heading out," Kiori spoke. "Sitting here and waiting for Kaneki and Ayato to come back won't do any good."

Miyo nodded.

'13th ward's Jason.....Yakumo Oomori.'

"Here....." Ayato narrowed his eyes, clenching his fists.

"Ayato......don't rush in yet," Kaneki said. "It's a base....he must be affiliated with some organization. You might get killed."

"So what if I get killed?" Ayato scoffed.

"How do you think Kiori would feel?"

Ayato narrowed his eyes. "The hell is with you...."

Kaneki smiled slightly.

"I ship you gu-" (jk)

"You like her, don't you?"