Chapter 18 - Life

To those who read the last chapter within 30 minutes after I published it,
Please read it again, I added a new paragraph at the back which is VERY important.

And thanks for 3K :ooo

"Neko-senpai. Here's the report from the medical team," Iyoro handed Yugao (Neko) a form.

"I see...so Akate Yamauchi who was missing last week really was killed..." Yugao muttered to herself. "Small remains of unknown body parts....who could've done this...?"

"Neko-san," Boar said as he appeared in smoke. "They got nothing out of Akarou."

"Nothing, huh..."

"There's a low chance that he's the murderer. But he is getting locked up. He kidnapped a lot of people and killed quite a number of civilians and drug dealers in the past," Boar informed.

"Boar, send a report to Hokage-sama about this tomorrow morning," Yugao ordered,

"Hai."

Those three words rang in Kiori's head.

'I'm a ghoul' 'I'm a ghoul' 'I'm a ghoul' 'I'm a ghoul' 'I'm a ghoul' 'I'm a ghoul'

"H-Hey kid. Let go of me," the man groaned as he stumbled to the side. Kiori was frozen, staring at the tree.

It took a few minutes for KIori to snap out of her daze and turn to the man with narrowed eyes. 'Prove it.'

The man's eyes shifted to the kagugan. "There."

Kiori's eyes watered. He's a ghoul. He's a real ghoul. She wasn't alone.

She didn't care if she knew this person or not. Tears flowed down her face as she leaped onto the man, sobbing and crying.

The man froze for a moment before patting her back awkwardly.

"Hey ki-"

"Don't call me kid."

"But you're a-"

"I'm an S rank ghoul and I can tear you to pieces whenever I want."

"Bu-"

"You've caused enough trouble, you didn't clean your mess up properly."

"Uh...sorry," The man now known as Nakao Sekiguchi apologised. "So um...do you have anyone who knows that ou're a ghoul?"

"....yeah," Kiori answered. "His name is Naruto Uzumaki."

"What? But what if he tells others-"

"He seems like someone I can trust," Kiori scowled. "But if he gives others even the slightest hint that I'm a ghoul...."

Nakao stared at her. "...I'll kill him."

"...I've never showed him my kagune, he only knows a little about us ghouls," Kiori said. "I can't let him know too much just in case."

She got up and dusted her pants with a sigh. "You are to take food from my hut from now on. Take as less as possible. You going out hunting will only cause trouble for the both of us."

Nakao watched as Kiori walked back into the hut. 'Why am I following a 12 year old's orders?'

"I'll be at the back, Sasuke and Sakura next to the bridgebuilder, Kio-"

"I'll be at the front with Naruto," Kiori said. 'Although I'd hate it.'

".....Okay," Kakashi sighed.

'I need to be as far away from him as possible...' Kiori eyed the jonin.

It has been about 5 hours since Team 7 set out.

"Hey, sensei....can we stop for a rest here?" Tazuna panted.

"Hm...." Kakashi stared up at the sky. "Okay then. Let's take a rest."

"Finally!" Sakura sighed happily and sat down under a tree, gulping down a bottle of water.

"I'm not even tired..." Naruto huffed and sat down.

"Kiori," Kakashi called, making the girl jump, startled.

"H-Hai?" Kiori stammered.

"Anything happened? You're not like yourself today," Kakashi said.

"No, it's nothing," Kiori shook her head. "Let's continue."

"We're taking a small break, Kiori," Kakashi informed.

"O-Oh, I didn't hear that..." Kiori muttered as she sat down.

"Want so-"

Before Kakashi could finish, he found himself wrapped in chains.

"Huh?"

And torn to pieces.

"Kakashi-sensei!!!!" Sakura screamed.

Kiori's eyes widened as a few kunais headed for her way. She deflected the kunais with her own and kicked Naruto to the side just when ten shurikens flew past him. "Focus, idiot!"

If Nakao is here....I may have a reason to live now.

Two ninjas with scratched headbands appeared in front of them.

"Scratched headbands....Sasuke-kun, Kiori, Naruto! They're rogue ninjas!" Sakura shouted as she stood in front of Tazuna with a kunai.

'I can't let them hit me...!' Kiori dodged an attack from the ninjas. Her eyes widened as she smelled something weird on the weapons. They're using poison!

Naruto quickly deflected a few senbons with his own kunai.

Would things get better if I just let him die?

I stared at his neck, kunai in hand.

Should I?

I gritted my teeth and gripped the kunai tight.

"You're..."

I charged forward.

Naruto's eyes widened.

Short chapter sorry lol
Cliffhanger, I guess?