Chapter 19 - Demon of the Mist

Wah almost reaching 3.5K.....thank you!!!! :o

"I see..." Hiruzen muttered as he massaged his head. 

"We believe that the missing civilians reported were all killed. Based on the reports, it's around the end of every month," Yugao said. "A few civilians also said that a girl has appeared in Shimabukuro about the time when the killings started. Her name is....Kyaro."

"It's good that we captured a drug dealer but now an unkown serial killer has appeared..." Hiruzen blew from his pipe. "Send a few ANBUs to the red light district to look for the girl. Stay hidden and take her to T&I....we'll say that she's a suspect. If she doesn't cooperate, take her by force."

"Hai," Yugao nodded before disappearing.

"Hokage-sama," the door opened as Shikaku came in. "I checked the reports. The days she appeared were the days the victims disappeared. There's a high chance that she's the killer."

"...troublesome, huh?" Hiruzen raised his eyebrows slightly.

Shikaku sighed in response.

The sound of splattering could be heard as blood dripped on the ground.

Naruto stared at Kiori with wide eyes.

"You're....."

Gozu's body dropped to the ground as blood poured from his neck.

"....an idiot."

"I'LL KILL YOU!!!!" Meizu screamed and charged forward. Kiori's eyes narrowed as she moved to carge forward.

The rogue nin froze and dropped on the ground. "Maa, I think that's enough."

"K-Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto beamed at the figure in front of him.

"Yo," Kakashi waved, book in hand.

"H-How are you alive?" Tazuna stammered.

"I used a subsituition jutsu," Kakashi answered, turning to the bridgebuilder.

"Then why did you let the kids fight!?" Sweat dripped down Tazuna's face.

"It was to confirm their target, I didn't know if they wanted to fight me, or you," Kakashi eye-smiled, killer intent radiating off him. "It seems that they are targeting you. Now please explain, why would there be two chunin level ninjas after you?"

"Uh...."

Kiori sighed as she stared at the skies. 'I feel like something will happen....but I don't know if it'll be good or bad...'

I want to go back.

"Agh, I'm all dizzy," Naruto groaned as he stumbled out of the boat. 

"Deal with it, you're a ninja," Kiori rolled her eyes as she forcefully pulled the blonde out of the boat, making him trip and fall face flat onto the ground. "Oops, sorry."

"You did that on purpose!!!" Naruto raised a fist at her.

"Tsk, are those brats really going to keep me safe?" Tazuna glared at the two.

"You should be grateful that we're still here, Tazuna-san," Kakashi stared at Tazuna, his eyes slightly shaded.

"H-Hai," the bridgebuilder shuddered. 'What's up with these Konoha ninjas?'

Shimiko realises that Sasuke seems invisible.

So.

"Hn," said Sasuke.

A pair of eyes widened, watching the Konoha ninjas from a distance. The eyes narrowed before the watching figure disappeared into the forests.

I wonder.

"How long yet~" Naruto whined as he flailed his arms around. "I'm so bored!!!!"

"Stop complaining and pay attention," Kiori sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as a tick mark grew on her forehead.

Her finger twitched for a second before she pulled Naruto down. The blonde was confused until Kakashi pulled the others down just as a huge sword passed over them, embedding itself into a tree.

'There was no way a genin could've sensed that coming...' Kakashi narrowed his eyes at Kiori who glanced at him before turning away, avoiding eye contact. 'No...I should focus on the enemy right now...'

He stared at the figure who now stood on the handle of the sword. "Zabuza....Momochi."

'Momo what?' Kiori thought before shaking her head.

"Ah, if it isn't Kakashi Hatake of the sharingan," Zabuza smirked underneath the bandages. "No wonder the demon brothers failed."

'I can sense something nearby...' Kiori thought, her eyes narrowed as she sniffed the air. She closed her eyes, hearing small rustles nearby.

'Where is it coming from?'

Her eyes snapped open as she glanced at a bush. 'There's one...no, two.'

'Should I tell Kakashi?' She thought, looking towards the Hatake. 'No...I can't let him know.'

Haku flinched as the girl glanced towards their direction. Did she sense him? But how? She looks like she's only genin level and he's sure he concealed his chakra completely.

"Just hand over the bridgebuilder, damn it..."

"Patience..." Haku whispered as quietly as possible.

Blue eyes glared at the last Yuki clan member. "Zabuza will lose. That's Kakashi Hatake. We should retreat."

"Retreat....?" Haku muttered. "What's with you? You've been acting weird since last month."

"Nothing," the figure snapped before he quietened down.

The fight went on until Zabuza was smashed into a tree by Kakashi's jutsu. The Hatake flashed to the branch of the tree, glaring at Zabuza.

"Those eyes......how much can you see?" Zabuza muttered weakly.

"What I see...." Kakashi flashed out a few kunais. "...Is your death!!!"

Before he could end the rogue ninja's life, a few senbons embedded themselves into Zabuza's neck, ending his life immediately. Kakashi pushed himself backwards just in timeto dodge Zabuza's falling body.

Two masked boys around the age of 12 and 14 appeared on a tree.

"Hey!!! Who are you!?!?!" Naruto shouted.

"Naruto, quiet down," Kakashi glanced at his student. "I believe you are a hunter nin of Kiri?"

"Ye-"

The smaller one was jabbed in the stomach before the taller one spoke. "Indeed we are. We have been tracking rogue nin Zabuza Momochi for months but have not been able to put him down. We thank you for your help," the two bowed.

"Would you like the bounty to be sent to your village later?" the taller one asked.

"Yes, that would be appreciated," Kakashi nodded.

"Alright. We will be going," the hunter nin carried Zabuza's body before disappearing in a flash.

"That was quite a fight, Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto grinned.

"Maa-" before Kakashi could finish his sentence, his eyes rolled to the back off his skull and he passed out.

"Kakashi-sensei!!!!"

Kiori clenched her fists as she stared at the trees. 'No.'