Chapter 1 - Konoha Hospital?

Kiori POV

My eyes opened slowly, stinging due to the light. I felt someone carrying me, travelling at high speeds. My body seemed to be smaller, like I'm a 11 year old or something. The sweet scent of flesh spread into my nose, making me even more hungrier than I am now.

"A-Ayato...?" I muttered, my eyelids almost drooping close. I couldn't move my body, only able to twitch my fingers a little.

"Don't worry, ......you fed and cleaned.....soon...." A male voice said from in front of me. I saw a blob of blue before my eyes before dropping unconscious.

My finger twitched slightly and my eyes opened to meet a white ceiling.

"-quite quickly so we don't need to worry about her wounds- Oh she's waking up!"

I heard a few footsteps tapping louder and louder as a few figures approached me.

"How are you, miss? Can you hear me?" A figure that appeared to be a nurse asked. I nodded slowly. "Can you see me?" she asked. I nodded.

"Akari!!! Get some water here!!!" the nurse called. A faint "hai" could be heard in the distance.

"Okay," she raised up a few fingers. "How much is this?"

"....two..." I muttered.

"Good. This?" She raised up a few more fingers. "Eight..." I answered, watching as another nurse handed her a glass of water.

"Alright, drink this," she handed me a glass of water. I stared at it for a while. "Dear, don't worry, it isn't poisoned or something," The nurse grinned. I nodded and gulped down the glass of water.

"Run, dear. It'll be alright. Just run. Run as far away as you can."

"....C-Can I have some coffee...?" I asked in a small voice.

"Coffee? At your age?" The nurse raised her eyebrows. "Well...alright then. Akari," she looked at the other nurse. Akari nodded and went out of the room, seemingly to get some coffee.

"Ki...o..ri..." A bloodied girl with short purple hair stared at me before her eyes rolled back into her skull.

My eyes widened.

Who's that? No...I know her...It's...Touka...TOUKA!!!! "TOUKA!!! NO!!!!"

"T-Touka...?" I stuttered.

"Dear, are you alright?" The nurse asked, concerned.

"Kotori-san, the coffee," Akari placed the coffee on the bedside table. "I'll put it right here."

"I'm okay..." I mumbled. "Thanks...?"

"It's Akari Iyorono," Akari answered, smiling.

"Thank you, Iyorono-san..." I bent my head down.

"It's okay, just call me Akari," Akari smiled and walked away.

"Forgive me for not introducing myself, I'm Kotori Nakashima," Kotori pulled a chair over and sat by my bedside. "What's yours, dear?"

"I'll never..ever trust humans again...." A younger me scowled at Nishiki.

I stared up at Kotori.

Can I really...trust her...?

"I'm sorry....I don't reme-"

What's the point of lying anyways....Wait what? Of course I must lie. I still have Nishiki, Kaneki, Irimi, Koma, Yomo, Yoshimura-san, Ayato, To- Wait...no. Yeah....they're all dead.

"It's Kiori.....Kiori Ni- Kurayami..." I answered. "Just Kiori is fine..."

"Well, Kiori, you're currently at the Konoha hospital," Kotori informed. "Some ninjas found you critically wounded in the forests and brought you back for healing. Since we cannot fully trust you yet, Some people will come to interrogate you tomorrow."

"Oh..." I muttered. 'Ninjas...? Whatever....Why should I even care now?'

"Well, mind telling me what happened?" Kotori raised her eyebrows.

"Well..." I bent my head down, my eyes shadowed. "I...don't really want to talk about it."

"Oh...It must have been something real terrible," Kotori frowned. "Well, have some rest. lunch will be served in about 30 minutes." Kotori glanced at the clock then at the coffee. "Dear, the coffee's getting cold."

"Oh," I looked at the coffee. "Nevermind....I like it cold."

"Oh, then would you like me to add some ice to it?" Kotori asked. "It's kinda not allowed since you're sick, but I guess I'll do this for you," she winked.

"O-Oh...thanks," I smiled slightly. When was I so soft towards humans?

"Okay, wait here!" Kotori grinned as she went out of my hospital wound with the cup of coffee. My stomach growled. Now what...

"Here's....lunch!!!" Kotori smiled as she placed a tray of food in front of me. "It's delicious, try it."

I stared down at the food, trying not to scrunch up my face in disgust. I scooped up a bit of the rice and put it in my mouth, swallowing it instantly. It feels like eating lizard poop....

"Come on, don't just eat the rice! Try the soup, it's my favourite!!!" Kotori grinned.

I nodded and sipped the miso soup from a spoon. Ah, geez. I shouldn't have sipped it...it tastes horrible, like oil gasoline...

I bit my lip, trying not to puke. "It's good....but...I don't have the appetite..."

Kotori sighed. "Again? But you just ate a little, Kiori!"

"I'm sorry..." I bent my head down.

"Sheesh, fine," Kotori crossed her arms. "I'll take this out...but you better finish dinner!!!" She squinted her eyes at me playfully one more time before carrying the tray out.

"W-Wait!" I called out.

"Yes?" she turned around.

"C-Can I have some iced coffee...?" I mumbled shyly.

"Iced coffee again...? You drank 6 cups since yesterday..." Kotori deadpanned. "But no ice for you! That's unhealthy!"

"H-Hai, hai," I sweatdropped.

"Gosh...that girl's really going to live off coffee...Well, I'll be back in-" Kotori suddenly gasped. "H-Hokage-sama! Morino-san! Yamanaka-sama!"

"Afternoon, Kotori-san. How's Kiori doing?" An old man came into the room.

"Just fine, Hokage-sama! But she's only ate a little...and she seems to have an 'iced coffee addiction'," Kotori squinted her eyes at me. "Well...I believe you're here for the...interrogation?"

"Hai, Kotori-san. If you don't mind, we'd be using the room," the old man smiled.

"Of course! I'll be outside in a few minutes if you need me. Call Akari if I'm not there," Kotori smiled. She glanced at me once more before leaving the hospital room.

"Alright, Kiori-san," the old man sat by my bed. "I'm Hiruzen Sarutobi, The Hokage, which is the leader of this village. Please address me as Hokage-sama. Ibiki Morino-san here would be asking you some questions. Is that alright?"

I nodded.

"Alright, Ibiki," Hokage-sama stood up, letting Ibiki sit down beside me. His face is scarred and he'd scare the crap out of me if I weren't a human-killing ghoul that can tear people to pieces.

"Well, I'll be asking you some questions...and I want you to answer the truth," Ibiki said, holding up a paper. "This will be placed on you and I will able to detect your lies. So it's no use trying to lie to me. Is that clear?"

I nodded.

"Good. Let's start."