Chapter 36 - Feliciana

2000 years later, an update at last.

---

"Are we ready to set out?"

Sasuke Uchiha nodded as he slipped on his ANBU mask.

"Our mission is to find Naruto Uzumaki and bring him back to the village," the ANBU squad leader, Haru said. "Hey, you, the newbie."

Sasuke looked up.

"Don't get us in trouble."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes.

(I feel like Sasuke gets the least screentime in all my stories- and kakashi too-)

A pair of eyes cracked open.

Naruto sat up with a groan, glancing around him.

He was in a forest.

What.....happened?

His eyes widened. "Ki...Kiori....Kiori-chan!"

"Sakura!!!" he shouted as he ran through the forest, eyes darting around.

"Damn it...." he sighed. "I guess I'll just wait here...."

Flinching as he felt a presence behind him, he flashed out two kunais and got into a defensive stance. "Show yourself!"

"No esperaría menos de un shinobi..." (I'd expect no less from a shinobi...) A figure murmured. "Qué tonto de mi parte. Debería haber sabido que eras un ninja."(How foolish of me. I should've known you were a ninja.)

"What are you saying!? I don't understand!" Naruto yelled. "I said come out!"

"Me has sentido, así que no tengo más remedio que matarte." (You've sensed me so I have no choice but to kill you."

Naruto's eyes widened as a figure leapt at him from above.

"Por cierto, me llamo Remigio, ¡y algún día le voy a dar una paliza a ese idiota de Florencio!" (By the way, the name's Remigio, and I'm going to beat the shit out of that dick Florencio one day!) A crazed grin spread on the man's face.

"Soo, we just....wait here?" Kiori asked.

Kaneki nodded. "We're not sure who they're aiming for, so we seperated from Touka and the others."

"I.....see," Kiori nodded.

"We should expect to get attacked at any seco-"

Kiori's eyes widened. "Ayato.....behind....you."

In a blur, Ayato jumped away just in time for a kagune to pierce out from the ground.

"It's the same kakuja from before!" Kaneki yelled. "It has detachable kagune, so beware of traps!"

"Why couldn't you tell us that sooner!?" Kiori growled. "Who cares, it's just one, we'll beat it easily!"

"One?"

Kiori's eyes widened as she felt a presence behind her.

"Are you sure?" The man smirked.

"KIORI!" Ayato yelled, crystalizing his kagune before shooting bullet like pieces at the other ghoul who dodged easily. 

Kiori growled in frustration and activated her kagune. It stretched towards a tree and hooked onto it, pulling her backwards before she landed on a tree branch with a few skids.

'Stay concentrated....' Kiori thought to herself. 'Alright....'

"We are only here for one person," Another ghoul appeared on one of the highest trees next to the clearing. "If you manage to figure out who that is, I will spare the ones who manage to survive until that time. And on the other hand..."