Chapter 21 - Not Alone

'She can't....' Kaito's eyes were wide. 'I....was correct.'

He gripped his kunai tight. 'There's only one way to find out.'

He charged forward, this time at a low jonin speed, to Kakashi's shock.

'Why...is he so fast now?' Kiori dodged his every strike.

'I have to hel-' Kakashi's thoughts were cut off as he found Zabuza using his sword to stop him. "Your fight is with me."

'I can't....at this rate, I need to use my real speed....but I'll be discovered,' Kiori glanced at Kakashi's direction to see him fighting with Zabuza.

'Not worth the risk,' Kiori thought as the mist thickened. 'I'll just kill him a-'

"Got you."

Kaito shoved his kunai into Kiori's stomach.

Her eyes widened.

There was a sound of rattling as Kaito's kunai fell to the floor.

'I smell blood.'

'It won't....pierce through...?' Kaito stared at her, eyes wide in horror.

"I'm sorry...." Kiori narrowed her eyes as her gaze turned cold. "I have to kill you."

She was about to charge at him when she heard a shout. "The great Naruto Uzumaki has arrived!!!"

Kaito glanced at Naruto before turning back to his enemy only to be pushed back.

"It's over."

Pinning him to the ground while choking him, she aimed a kunai to his neck and was about to strike when he held her hand tight.

"N-Not here...n-not n-now...." Kaito choke out, pushing her hand up.

"Die....you must die..." Kiori growled.

"I-It's A-A...."

"Shut up...." Tears stained Kiori's eyes, slowly flowing down her face and dripping onto his mask.

"A-Ayato...."

She froze.

"She always comes in from this direction so we're searching around this area for her," Shikaku traced a section in the map. "We haven't got any clues except that she might be from this area."

"Hokage-sama!" The door opened to reveal a person in lab uniform. "We received reports from Neko-san's team that they found a some hair at the site."

"I'll go there now," Hiruzen nodded. "Lead the way."

"Agh!!!" Sasuke cried out in pain as another barrage of senbons hit him and the dobe. The dobe just got in a few minutes ago, that idiot.

He could've attacked from the outside but he didn't, and now he's trapped in here too.

He glanced outside through one of the gaps to see Kakashi and Zabuza fighting. It was quite inte-

He was hit by another barrage of senbons as blood trickled down his chins. He should've paid attention. If this goes on....

"Shadow clone jutsu!!!!"

"Stop it, dobe! You're wasting your chakra!" Sasuke growled. "Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!!!!"

It didn't work again. Damn those Ice mirrors. Why won't they just melt and let him finish all of this already? He wanted to train to defeat Itachi.

"Yeah....Like you're not wasting your chakra too..." The dobe muttered under his breath.

"That wouldn't work on me," Haku said.