Chapter 3 - My New Caretaker

1 week later

"Kiori!!!" Kotori exclaimed as she ran into the hospital room. 

"W-What...?" I sweatdropped as she jumped up and down.

"Congratulations! You're discharged today!!!" She grinned.

"Oh," I blinked and sent her a smile. 

"There's an ANBU waiting outside to pick you up. Here, he brought these clothes for you to wear since your clothes were all torn and bloody," Kotori handed me a paper bag. 

I took a folded white T-shirt that'll show my tummy out from the bag along with long black pants suitable for moving around.

"Change into these in the toilet and you're free to go. Oh, and you need to come for a checkup every two weeks," Kotori informed. "Now, shoo! To the toilet!"

I nodded and headed to the toilet with the clothes to change into them while Kotori waited for me outside of the toilet.

The door slid open and I came out of the toilet. "Oh my gosh....you're so beautiful, Kiori!" Kotori complimented. "Let's go! Don't worry about the bed, Akari is tidying it up."

"U-Uhm, here," I handed her my hospital gown.

"Alright, honey. Let's go," Kotori wrapped her hand around my arm and pulled me to the counter.

After filling in a few forms that I didn't know what they were for, we went out of the hospital to see one of the masked people they call ANBU.

"Morning, Kurayami-san, Kotori-san," the masked man said.

"Morning, Iyoro-san!" Kotori smiled.

"Morning," I smiled and bowed.

The man took off his mask to reveal his golden eyes and wide grin. "I'm Iyoro Tamaire and I'll be your caretaker starting from now on," he smiled. "You can call me Iyoro, I'm fine with it."

"Kiori Kurayami," I smiled slightly.

"You'll...be staying at my house from now on, Is that fine for you?" Iyoro smiled nervously. He reminds me of Kaneki...while he was still in Anteiku.

"Fine," I replied. "U-Uhm I mean i-it's fine for me..." I sweated nervously.

"Uhm...you can act all casual around me, Kurayami-san," Iyoro smiled. Act casual when he calls me Kurayami-san?

"It's okay....you can call me Kiori," I smiled.

"Iyoro-san ah, feed her well, hmm? She's such a picky eater. And also, don't let her drink iced coffee all day, it's unhealthy for her. Medical checkups once every two weeks, okay?" Kotori told Iyoro.

"Ah...I will..." Iyoro sweatdropped.

"H-Hey! I'm not a picky eater! I just....don't have the feeling to eat...!" I blushed in embarrassment.

"Well then...let's go home shall we?" Iyoro smiled at me kindly.

Home...? I don't have a home right? Why would a human ask me to live with him? Oh right...he doesn't know...yet.

I nodded. "Yeah....home."

My stomach growled slightly, which fortunately went unnoticed by Iyoro. Shit...I'm hungry....what do I do...

As we walked through the streets to Iyoro's house- No to home, I glanced around and saw a blonde being chased by a man.

"NARUTO!!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID PRANKS!!!" The man screamed.

"Don't mind him...it's the...ahem...troublemaker in this village..." Iyoro sweatdropped. "He's supposed to be in academy now...that's his sensei, Iruka Umino."

I nodded, but then my eyes widened. That boy....the scent of his flesh...that aroma...it's simply just perfect...I could really use a good meal right now- No, stop. You're on the streets.

I gulped down the saliva flooding my mouth. That boy....Naruto...shall be my target.

"Are you hungry?" Iyoro asked.

"...no," I answered.

"Alright then...we're heading straight home," Iyoro said and turned to smile at me. "We'll go shopping for clothes later."

"Whatever....I mean uh...okay," I nodded. Damn...I'm used to talking like this.

"Hm....Kotori said you like coffee a lot," Iyoro turned to me. I nodded.

"I've....made coffee before," I said quietly, remembering Anteiku. "M-My friend worked at a cafe and he taught me how to make coffee."

"Oh...I see," he smiled. "We're here," we stopped in front of a door. He fished out some keys from his pocket and opened the door.

"Welcome home," he smiled at me warmly.

Welcome home.

I haven't heard that in a long time. My eyes were wet with tears and I tried my best to hold myself back from crying.

'You're a ghoul...you're a ghoul, damn it. Don't cry in front of a human...' My lips quivered. Iyoro looked at me with concern shown in his eyes.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying, Kiori?" He asked as he wiped a tear away from my face. Oh. I cried.

"N-Nothing...I-It's just..." I choked out. "I haven't heard that i-in a long t-time..."

He frowned at me before giving me a sad smile and pulling me into a hug. I froze. 

"I'm your family from now on....your shoulder to cry on...I'll...be your brother," he rubbed my back soothingly, which only made me cry more.

Maybe...living with a human isn't so bad after all...

"Try this on?" Iyoro's suggestion became more like a question. I stared at the pink dress with heart printings on it with slight disgust that did not go unnoticed by Iyoro.

"Don't like it...?" A sweat ran down his forehead.

"N-No, it's not-" I blinked.

"Ah, it's okay..." he put the dress aside. "What about this?" he picked out a plain white shirt along with a denim jacket.

I blinked and nodded with a slight smile. "I guess that's okay..."

"You don't smile a lot, do you?" he sweatdropped. "Well this might go well with them," he pulled out a pair of black shorts. "Try it on."

I took the clothes and went into the changing room. I stripped off all my clothes except for my underwear and bra. Carefully, I put the clothes on and it fit me perfectly.

I pushed the curtain open and came out with a slight blush.

"You're so pretty," Iyoro grinned at me. I blushed at his comment.

"Let's just go- I-I mean...thanks," I muttered.

"Since you just came home, this will be a gift for you. I'm paying for it," Iyoro smiled at me. 

B-But you already bought the ones at the hospital for me...I can pay with the allowance Hokage-sama gave me, Iyoro-san," I frowned.

"Don't worry, that one was from your allowance," he grinned cheekily. I sweatdropped. "And drop the 'san', it's embarrassing since we live under the same roof. Just Iyoro is fine."

"Okay...Iyoro," I smiled a little with a tint of pink on my cheeks.