Chapter 29 - Run

"What...." Kiori muttered.

"You ever met an english man?" Ayato asked.

"No," Kiori shook her head, staring at the black haired teen like an alien.

"Do you, uhm, speak English?" The boy asked nervously. "I-I'm Egbert! K-Ko....ko...ni...ki...wo.."

"I...." Kiori inhaled before turning to Ayato. "What the fuck does that mean?"

"I dunno, maybe he's asking if you're a virgin?" Ayato shrugged, only to get punched in the guts.

"I, I," Kiori made signs at herself. "I, Kiori. English no good. School one....one...."

"Ayato how do you say year in English?"

"HOW THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW!?"

"You've only studied English for one year?" The boy asked.

"Yes, yes, year. One year," Kiori nodded with a sigh. "What are we even supposed to do, Ayato?"

"BoNdIng tImE, says my stupid sister," Ayato grumbled.

Kiori sighed again and plopped onto the boy's bed, making the boy flinch as she glanced at her.

"Y-You look strong," The boy smiled nervously.

"Wrong? I bad?" Kiori scoffed with a mocking smirk. "Ayato, did he just say I look like a bad person?"

Ayato snorted.

"She says you look strong, idiot," Touka muttered with a deadpan as she stepped into the room. "Strong and wrong are two different things."

"Oh. Whatever," Kiori muttered under her breath. "Where did you find the brat, anyways?"

"There seems to be quite a lot of People from other countries of our world here...." Touka said. "Oh, by the way, we just got to 80 residents today."

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" Kiori screamed. "IT WAS JUST ONE DAY AND WE GOT THIRTY MORE!?"

"We found a few more A and B ranks and one S rank," Touka informed.

"An S rank?" Kiori blinked.

"Yeah....and follow me a second," Touka said.

Kiori was walking through the apartments when she felt a tug at her shirt.

She looked down to see a small kid smiling at her.

"Grazie per avermi salvato... P-Posso aiutarti anche a cercare cibo?" The girl grinned brightly. (Thank you for saving me... C-Can I help you look for food too?)

"What...is she saying?" Kiori asked.

"Who knows, maybe she's thanking you," Touka said.

"Oh, you're welcome then," Kiori smiled, ruffling her hair.

They walked further into the building until they came to a stop at the door.

Touka knocked.

The door immediately slammed open.

Kiori's eyes widened as she was immediately swallowed into a hug.

She tugged at the figure's shirt lightly, blinking. "Huh....?"

Touka stared at them with a small smile before leaving.

"Is that you....

.....Nishiki nii-san?"