Chapter 7 - First day at Anteiku

The bell rang. "Okay, class! School is over! You can go home now!" Iruka shouted. Some of the students immediately ran out of the class room while most of the girls stayed.

My stomach growled. I furrowed my eyebrows. 'Damn...I'm starting to get hungry again...'

"Hey, Kiori, you hungry?" Kiba asked.

"No..." I muttered.

"But I thought I heard your stomach growling just now..." Kiba raised his eyebrows. He blinked and a grin spread on his face. "Don't tell me...you're shy?"

Shadow covered my eyes as I scowled at Kiba, my back on him.

The class froze at my killer intent and turned to look at me.

"Shy...?" My face showed no emotions. I disappeared in a flash and in the next moment, I've punched Kiba to the other side of the wall.

"I have Kunoichi lessons later and was planning to pack for it but I've changed my mind. Taiyaki, horse crap or whatever, let's go eat. Now." I said and straightened my body.

"H-Hai..." Kiba stuttered, staring at me in fear. Nishik...no. He's not Nishiki. He's just a filthy human. At that, my guard was up again.

'She's so scary...Just like mom once was...' A certain someone thought.

The others in the room merely prayed for Kiba.

"Taiyaki, you said just now?" Kiba asked as he walked on the streets with Kiori walking beside him, staring at the food stores with disgust hidden deep in her eyes.

"Sandwich." Kiori said. "Just sandwich is fine. Nah, maybe just plain bread."

"But-" Kiba was about to protest when he remembered what happened just now. "O-Okay..."

They went into a bakery just as Kiori's stomach growled. 'Darn...because of the Kunoichi lessons lately I haven't been able to go get any supplies for the month...if this continues on...I'll...' Kiori furrowed her eyebrows.

Kiba, seeing her look, gulped. "Um...how many buns you want?"

"One." Kiori answered.

"Are you sure? But-"

"One." Kiori scowled at Kiba. Kiba gulped and nodded frantically.

'Women....damn, I'm becoming Shikamaru...'

Flashback//Kiori's POV

"Me? Cafe waitress? Seriously, Nishiki?" I sighed.

"Well, you make good coffee so I think you can do it..." Nishiki scratched his head. "Plus, I can't just feed you till you die of old age."

"Waitresses are supposed to make coffee? Oh, whatever," Kiori rolled her eyes. "But won't there be humans?"

"Yeah, just ask that old geezer why he would want to serve humans," Nishiki shrugged. "But fine by me, as long as they don't find out anything. Thus, I'm just supposed to clean up the tables and counters or wash the dishes."

"Then what about me?" Kiori gripped his shoulders tight as she stared at him with a betrayed expression. "WHATTA BOUT MEH!?!?" She shook him hard.

"S-Stop- I'm gonna- p-puke-" Nishiki turned purple and groaned as Kiori released him.

"What? You want more?" Kiori scowled at him.

"No, thank you," he said, calm. Kiori rolled her eyes in frustration in not getting any reaction from him. Nishiki grinned at her teasingly.

"Oh, shut it," Kiori grumbled.

"What? I said nothi-"

Before Nishiki could finish his sentence, he found himself crashing into a wall, creating a small crater.

"Lets just get the fuck to that Anteiku or whatever," Kiori cracked her smoking knuckles and exited the house casually.

The bells tinkled as we opened the door to the cafe. The aroma of coffee spread into our noses. I blinked. This smells so good.

"Okay, little pinky cutie Kiori," Nishiki put a hand on my shoulder. My eye twitched as I stared down at the clothes he forced me to wear today. Can you believe it. A goddamn pink dress with pink hair clips.

"Welcome to-" A familiar figure with purple hair turned to face us. "Oh. Nishiki."

"Huh? Calling me by my name now?" Nishiki raised his eyebrows.

"Shut the fuck up, asswipe," the figure said. My eyes widened slightly before making a small 'o' face in realisation.

"Now, introduce yourself," Nishiki put his hand on my head.

"Can we...have a small conversation outside?" I smiled at the other workers before shoving Nishiki out of the door and exiting with him.

"You know, Nishiki..." I stared at him. "You're really annoying."

Before he could say anything, I dragged him down the stairs and smashed him into the ground, hard.

I have him the hand that I used to smash him into the ground to help. "Hey. Get up. I still have an introduction to do."

He shakily gave me his hand which I pulled up  roughly. He grunted his pain and I swore I heard his bone crack. Hiding the smirk of satisfaction behind my blank face, I turned to the cafe entrance. "Let's go."

"H-Hai."

"I see you messed him up pretty bad there," a man with a weird nose commented as he sweatdropped at Nishiki's state.

"Oh, common siblings fight. Nothing special," I shrugged.

"Common, eh..? I see....ehe....he..." he chuckled nervously. "Anyways, the name's Enji Koma."

"Kiori Nishio," I stuck a hand out which he shook. "Nice to meet you."

"Same to you," he nodded in acknowledgement.

The woman with black hair came out from the door with a staff only sign and smiled at me. "The name's Kaya Irimi."

"Kiori Ku- Nishio," I smiled.

"So you're really Nishio's sister, huh? You guys don't look alike," Irimi smiled.

"Yeah...I'm not...their- his real sister." I shrugged.

"Anyways, where's Kaneki? Isn't he supposed to be here?" Koma asked Irimi.

"I think he's out for supplies with Nishiki and Kaneki since they don't know where to get the bean supply from," Irimi said. "Anyways, Kiori. You know the manager, do you?"

"Yeah...I do," I nodded.

"Well then," Irimi held out a uniform. "This is yours."

"Oh," I stared at the uniform for a while and took it gently. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Nishiki brought a few of yours back home. This one is for you to wear today," she said. "Follow me. You can change in the toilet and we'll get you working. The cafe will be opening in about a few hours and we'll have time to take you for a tour around here and introduce you to a few others."

"I didn't know that his sister works here too..." I muttered.

"Who?" Irimi asked.

"Uh, nothing," I straightened my body. 'Still can't believe that I had....NO!!!!' I thought and shook my head as a blush appeared on my face.

"You okay, Kiori?" Irimi asked.

"Yeah, let's go," I smiled.