Chapter 11 - Genin Exams

Dk. Just decided to write.

Kiori POV

"For the jutsu part, we have subsituition, transformation, and..."

"...clone jutsu."

Naruto frowned. "Damn it...."

"Hah! Scared now, dead last!?" Kiba smirked arrogantly. I glared at him.

"I-I'm not, dattebayo!!!!" Naruto protrested.

"Oh really???? Say, do you even know how to make a clone?" Kiba threw him a taunting look. Naruto gritted his teeth and looked away.He frowned and looked down. "I'm doomed..."

"Naruto..."  I glared at him. He looked at me. "Are you really going to give up like that!?"

"What else can I do!? I can't even make a clone!!!" Naruto shouted.

"Yeah, and you're just going to give up like that!? If so, you're truly weak!!!!" I shouted back at him.

His eyes widened and he looked away.

I eyed him, sweating a bit. Hopefully I chose the right words to say to him.

"Maybe...you're right, Kiori..." Naruto mumbled. "I..."

I frowned. That wasn't what I meant...I didn't want to call him a weakling.

"I..I'LL NEVER GIVE UP, DATTEBAYO!!!!" He shouted. My eyes widened and I smiled softly. "JUST YOU WAIT, KIORI-CHAN!!! I'LL WALK OUT THERE WITH A HEADBAND ON ME!!! BELIEVE IT!!!"

"Of course I believe you," I reached out a fist for a fist bump which he returned cheerfully. 

"Kiori Kurayami! It's your turn!" Mizuki called.  I nodded and walked towards the classroom next door as Ino came back into the classroom with a headband.

She glanced  at me before heading to her seat.

"Well, Kiori. I'll see your transformation jutsu first," Iruka said. I nodded and held my hands into a tiger handsign and transformed into Iyoro.

"Good, now subsitute yourself with the chair near you," I nodded and in a split second, a chair was in my place while I myself was at the back of the classroom.

Mizuki pulled the chair away as I stepped forward.

"Last, make 3 clones please," Iruka said. In smoke, three clones appeared to my right.

"Good job, Kiori. Your scored high marks in your jutsu part, weapon throwing and writing. Your total oint count is 28.7 out of 30," Iruka gave me a smile. "Excluding the jutsu part, you are the second best so far."

I nodded with a small blush.

"Here, your headband," Iruka handed me a hitai-ate.

"Arigato, Iruka-sensei," I bowed and exited the classroom with Mizuki.

"Next, Kiba Inuzuka!"

I beamed as Naruto entered the classroom with Mizuki who had a small smirk on his face which I narrowed my eyes at.

"Naruto!!! Come on!!!" I waved with a grin. He frowned and looked away. Slowly, he walked back to his seat and sat down quietly.

"Hah! So you failed, dead last!?" Kiba smirked. "And you were so confident you would pass just now!!! Haha!!! Loser!!!" 

"Kiba Inuzuka!!!" I roared as I pulled him up by the collar.

"W-What did I do, Kiori-chan!!!" He raised his hands up in surrender. 

"Get my name out of your filthy mouth!!!" I spat at him. "N-Naruto still has another chance!!! Someday he will be stronger than you so shut the fuck up!!!"

"S-Sorry!!! I didn't know you were friends with the deadlast!!!" Kiba apologised.

"Tsk, and I thought you were a good friend," I growled, dropping him. "It's Kurayami to you now, Inuzuka."

"I did say I'm sorry!" Kiba argued.

"It's your own fault that you insulted people without thinking how they'd feel!!!" I grabbed him by his collar again. 

"Yeah, whatever, Ku-ra-ya-mi-san," He said in a mocking tone.

"You little-" 

"Kiori-chan..." Naruto gave me a small smile. "It's okay. Don't get your friendship with Kiba ruined because of me."

"Naruto..." I frowned. I sighed and glared at Kiba again before sitting down. 

'What was I thinking!? I shouldn't have argued with Kiba right in front of him! It'll make him feel even guiltier!' I sighed again, leaning on the table while staring at Naruto sadly.

I walked out of the academy and looked around to see if Iyoro was there until I spotted Iyoro waving at me beside a bench.

I waved back and smiled as I walked towards him.

"So, how was your day?" he asked.

"...Not...really good," I answered, frowning as I looked around.

"Why? You didn't fail the exam, right?" Iyoro asked.

"I passed, it's just that..." I sighed. "I got into a fight with Kiba."

He made an 'o' face as we walked down the streets towards his apartment. "What happened? I thought you guys were real close."

"Yeah, we were. But well, he's a real asshole who keeps insulting Naruto. Like, he's- ughh it's just," I sighed. "Goddamn it."

"Oh..." he nodded. "Well, I'll make you some iced coffee later. To cool you down."

"HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!"

"Kiori!!! Hurry up!!!" Nishiki shouted as he opened the door.

"SHUT UP!!! YOU'RE NOT THE ONE MAKING THE COFFEE HERE!!!" I growled.

"God, I really wish I could kill that guy. He's always complaining. Why not go to another cafe himself," Nishiki grumbled as he started stomping away.

"Well, YOU'RE always complaining too," I rolled my eyes as I carefully poured some coffee into a cup. 

"I don't," Nishiki rolled his eyes. 

"Here, take this. Where's Touka though? Isn't she supposed to be serving instead of you? You're supposed to be cleaning." I asked, handing him the coffee to be served.

"Well, Hide just came so she's having a small talk with-Ah!" He yelped as he was pushed from behind, causing the coffee to be knocked over.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STANDING AT THE DOOR!??!!?" Touka screamed at Nishiki.

"WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU WATCHING YOUR ROAD!?!??" Nishiki screamed back.

"WHY THE FUCK CAN YOU GUYS ARGUE WHEN I'M SO BUSY HERE!??!!?" I screamed at them both. "Make another cup of coffee yourself, Touka! YOU spilled it!!!"

"Whatever," Touka rolled her eyes.

"Tsk, my uniform..." Nishiki growled. "I'm gonna clean up a sec."

He slammed the door which made me jolt up from my bed. Wait..bed?

It was all...just a dream. 

I sighed.

"Coming!" came Iyoro's voice from outside. So someone actually came? At THIS hour????

There was the sound of a door opening. "Boar, what are you doing here? Is there a mission?"

"Yeah, it was just ordered by Hokage-sama, Saru-taichou."

Ooh, I didn't know he made it to squad leader.

"Come in, Explain as I prepare," I heard some heavy footsteps outside.

"Naruto Uzumaki has stolen the scroll of sealing."

...what?