Chapter 35 - Shock

Question: Should I change the story title? Or just leave it be?

I just read the first chapter of Choujin X and omg its so amazingg- IM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER SHJSHJSHJ

---

"Kiori!"

She turned around to see Iyoro grinning at her.

"Hm?"

"I got some cake," Iyoro grinned, holding up a small slice of cake.

Kiori sighed and nodded. "But I don't feel like eating...you can have....Iyoro...?"

"What's....wrong?" Iyoro smiled as he seemingly flashed for a few seconds.

Kiori's eyes widened as blood stains and wounds slowly formed on Iyoro.

He looked up with a smile.

"You can't run."

"Iyoro!" she screamed as his neck snapped.

"You can't save anyone."

Flinching as she woke up in pants, she glanced around to find herself lying against a tree.

"It's okay....just a dream...." she took a deep breath to calm herself down.

'I can't.....save anyone.'

"Oi. Kiori."

She turned back to see Ayato looking away from her. "Y-You okay?"

"Ayato, are you..." Kiori smiled slightly in amusement. "...blushing?"

"NO!" Ayato screamed, glaring at her only for his cheeks to turn a bright pink. He cleared his throat. "J-Just...letting you know. W-We aren't s-searching the mountains again."

"Why tho-" Kiori blinked. "Oh....the traps right?"

"Yeaah....i-if there are traps then someone must be living in that mountain so uh, yeah," Ayato nodded. 

"O....kay," Kiori nodded slowly.

"Uumm....I'lll be going," Ayato took in a deep breath before bowing and disappearing.

".........What the hell?"

"Stay away from big brother!"

The little girl held a knife, pointing it at the men in front of her. "I-If you come any further, I'll kill you!"

"That's enough...." A boy only around the age of 12 patted the girl's shoulder.

"B-Big brother...." The girl stammered.

"What can you do with a knife?" The boy asked with a frown.

"N-Nothing...." The girl muttered quietly before putting her knife down.

"So it's you, huh, brat? You killed one of our men!?" The man pulled the boy up by his collar. 

"One?" The boy asked. "Go get a maths teacher, cause I'm sure I killed all of them at your base."

His eyes shone red as his kagune crawled out of his back. "...And you're next."

Lips quivering at the brutal scene in front of her, the girl dropped on her butt, shivering.

As the boy killed the last of the men standing, he glanced back at her. "Let's go."

"W-Why?"

He paused in his steps and turned around to look at her.

"W-Why...do you have to kill?"