Chapter 24 - Flesh

"KIORI-CHAAAN!!!"

"Tsk, what is it?" Kiori clicked her tongue as she turned to Naruto.

"Wow you look like you're dead," Naruto commented.

"Shut up. What do you want?" Kiori asked, annoyed.

"Do you wanna go get some rice b-"

"Not interested," Kiori said.

"O-Oh, right, sorry, I forgot..." Naruto apologised.

"You forgot duing the chunin exams too?" Kiori scoffed.

"What?" Naruto frowned in confusion.

"You brought Haruno and the Uchiha near the hut," Kiori growled.

"That..." Naruto clenched his fists. "W-We had to find somewhere to rest, we were hurt-"

"Don't give me that shit, Uzumaki," Kiori glared at him as she pulled him by his collar, releasing all her killer intent which made him tremble in fear. "I trusted you. I trusted you as my friend."

Scoffing, she released him. "Be grateful that I haven't killed you yet."

Turning around she walked away leaving Naruto frozen in shock.

".........You okay?"

"Does it look like I am?" Kiori glared. 

"What did i ever do to you...." Ayato muttered. "Told you earlier that humans would be trouble."

Kiori's eyes widened as she quickly stood up from the bench. "Ayato. There are people following us."

Ayato's eyes widened. "They found out? How?"

"I don't know," Kiori hissed. "Now, you go left, I go right. We'll see who they're following."

We glanced at each other before walking in seperate directions.

"Boar, follow the boy. Serpent, we're following Kurayami," Yugao signed to boar.

Boar nodded before disappearing.

'Handsigns...?' Kiori thought. 'One is heading to Ayato now....' She gritted her teeth. 'Act normal...Just act normal.'

(Im not sure in the anime, but in the manga ghouls are able to sense presences, where they are and what they are doing from the sounds and vibration.

Kiori isn't specially trained for this, but she has a bit of talent in it so she can sense people in close distances and know what they are doing in detail.)

It has been a week since Kiori met up with Ayato.

She buried her face in her arms as she leaned on her desk.

'Leave Konoha.'

A tear silently slipped out of her eye.

There were a few knocks on her door.

She lifted her head up slowly. "Go away."

"Kiori, can I come in?" Iyoro asked.

"Go away!" Kiori clenched her fists.

The door slowly creaked open.

"Kiori..."

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" she cried out. 

"What happened?" Iyoro frowned.

"Just...go......" she let out a choked sob. "Why...are you making this so hard for me? Why do you love me? You're supposed....to hate me..."