Chapter 5 - Shopping for a New Year

I'm 12 now...time sure passes by fast. Well, not literally twelve but I'm turning twelve this year.

It's the first day of the year...I smiled as I stared out of the window. Iyoro said he had a surprise for me yesterday, and I can't wait to find out about it.

The door opened slightly and my head snapped back only to see Iyoro peeping in.

A tick mark grew on my forehead. "You could've at least knocked, monkey boi!!!" I threw a pillow at him which he dodged, much to my anger. "What if I was changing!?"

"Gomen!!!" he yelped as a pillow hit him right in the nose. "But you could've locked your door!!!"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?!?" the tick mark on my forehead grew larger.

"Nothing!!!" he ran away without closing the door. I deadpanned at the door. He rushed back to close the door before running away again.

"I swear...he's so dense for an ANBU..." I muttered.

I stood on my toes, peeping into the cupboard. "Oh man...there's only one jar of coffee beans left," I sighed. "Better go get some supplies later. "

I dragged out the jar of coffee beans and put it on the counter. "Iyoro! Boil some water for me!" I ordered.

"Wagatta," he stumbled a step before tripping over his chair and crashing into the floor face first. I snickered.

He pouted at me and got up in a split second which I raised an eyebrow at.

"Okay, kettle...kettle..." he searched the cupboard. "Kiori, where's the kettle?"

"How am I supposed to know?" I asked as I carefully poured some coffee beans into another jar placed in the middle of a small saucepan.

"Because you used it yesterday...?" he tilted his head.

"BAKA!!! You're the one who boils the water!!!" I shouted in his ear.

"O-Oh!!!" he opened the fridge and pulled out the kettle.

I sweatdropped. "Who would put a goddamn kettle in a fridge?"

"I don't know?" he blinked. I sighed a mushroom. "You're hopeless. "

//skip the coffee making part cuz idk how//

"So, what did you want to tell me?" I asked.

"You know the ninja academy right?" he asked as he sipped some of the coffee, reading a new book his ANBU captain just got for him a few days ago.

"Mhm. " I nodded, staring at the book cover. "Make-out paradise...?"

"H-Huh?" he blushed a little before keeping the book. "Okay, so continuing...Hokage-sama asked if you want to go."

"Oh..." I blinked.

"I think you really should. Except for Kotori and Akari, you rarely meet up with anyone else," he said.

"Well...true..." I sighed. "But what's the point...?"

The more bonds you create...the more you lose...Having emotions, are really just something that get in the way of your life.

"You need friends for your age Kiori! Even I have more friends than you!" he shouted.

"Well....I do have a lot of...dead friends," I glanced at him.

"Kiori..." he muttered sadly.

"Oh whatever....I guess I'll join," I shrugged. After all....my fighting might've gotten rusty.