Chapter 27 - Rogue

Naruto and Sakura were heading towards Ichiraku ramen when they heard a few crashes and screams from behind.

"W-What was that?" Sakura stammered as she spun around.

Naruto's looked around until he saw smoke coming from a famliar building.

Kiori's house.

He clenched his fists. "Sakura-chan, you stay here."

"Huh?"

He jumped onto the roofs and ran.

"W-Wait, Naruto!" 

Naruto was frozen.

His lips quivered.

What.....the hell...?

Kiori'sbrother was kneeling on a tree branch along with Kiori next to him, 10 ANBUs surrounding them.

"Kiori......chan...." He mumbled.

He felt something wrap around his waist. In a blur, he disappeared and reappeared on the streets, an ANBU right nex to him.

"Oi, brat. Get out of here."

"But-"

"You're a ninja, aren't you?" the ANBU asked.

Naruto nodded, eyes lit up in determination. "Yeah, let me help!"

"These are your orders."

Naruto clenched his fists.

"Evacuate the civilians nearby."

The ANBU disappeared.

"Huh?" Naruto blinked. "W-Wait! But....."

Naruto gritted his teeth.

What the hell is going on?

"Naruto!!!" Sakura called out as she ran over, panting. "Damn it, it's so hard to look for you. We're ordered by a few other chunins to evacuate the civilians near Kiori's house. Something happened there. You go get Kiori, all right? I'll check on the civilians."

"But Kiori....chan.... Naruto trailed off as he stared at Sakura who ran to the direction of Kiori's house.

"Jiji!!" Naruto growled as he barged into Hiruzen's room.

Hiruzen sighed and looked up. "Yes....Naruto?"

"What....what the hell.....w-where's Kiori!?"

Hiruzen blew from his pipe before setting it down. "Kiori Kurayami....is officialy declared as a rogue ninja along with Iyoro Tamaire....who was killed as he defied the village's orders."

"What...?" Naruto whispered. "But why!?"

He already knew why.

"Kiori Kurayami is proved to have been the culprit of several murder cases and missing cases in the village. This afternoon, she has just killed on of our own shinobi," Hiruzen answered.

So weak...

"Damn it....damn it...." Tears flowed down Naruto's face as he dropped on his knees.

"Naruto..." Hiruzen's eyes softened.

He promised....he promised her.

But now Kiori was gone.

She had left.

No....she had been forced to left.

And it was all because of him.

He dripped his hair tight.