Chapter 4 - Family

Warning!!! Contains swearing!!!

It has been a few months since I was discharged. Luckily I was able to last one more week with my hunger without going on a rampage that time...

Iyoro was on a mission, and I decided to wander around Konoha to choose my target, when I came to the red light district. Not much people seem to go there anyways so I'll just feed on a random drunk.

I'll just give up on Naruto for now. I'm not like Tsukiyama.

Sure he's fancy and all but...I feel like he's gay for Kaneki. Well he's not, but he just acts like he is.

Today Iyoro was out on a mission today. I'm running out of supplies, so maybe I'll just go to the red light district to get some. I put on a henge which Iyoro taught me as I step into the red light district.

My eyes dart around everywhere and I felt someone push me to a wall. I glanced at the man, who was obviously drunk.

"Heyyyyyyyyy there, seeeeeeeeeeexy..." he slurred. My nose scrunched up in disgust. Maybe I should've henged into a boy instead.

Before he could grope me, I punched him into the wall, making him pass out immediately. I stared at his unconscious body before ruthlessly crushing his face with my foot.

"Ew," my nose scrunched up in disgust at the crushed eyeballs and broken nose that seemed almost detached to his face.

"I hate it that I can't use my kagune..." I muttered with a sigh.

I threw him over my shoulder and ran as fast as I can into an abandoned hut I found in a fenced forest.

"There...Food supply for a whole month," I sighed happily at my success. I took off my clothes as I walked to a riverbank. I slowly dipped my foot into the cold water and another. I started to wash off the blood off me, enjoying the feeling of the small river waves gushing at me.

After cleaning myself up, I put on another set of clean clothes and headed into the hut.

"Hmm...this bottle's kept for a month," I glanced into the cupboard. "This one three months, and this...six months...oh well."

I took out the bottle of blood and smelt the scent of it. Mm. Nice.

I brought the bottle up in the air. "Cheers, minna-san," I smiled at the bottle sadly before starting to drink.

I opened the window and stared at the stars sadly. "Wish you guys were here with me...."

.

.

.

"Hmm........"

.

.

.

I entered the door, yawning. I'm always so damn tired after a drink.

"Welcome home, Kiori," Iyoro greeted.

"Eh? I thought you were on a mission?" I tilted my head.

Iyoro grinned cheekily. I glared at him suspiciously.

"D-Don't glare at me like that, Kiori-chan...whatever did poor me do to you?" He sweated nervously.

"A whole fucking lot," I rolled my eyes before heading to bed.

"W-Wait, Kiori-chan!" He whined. "I- well..."

"What? Just say it?" I grumbled. "I'm so damn tired."

"...Happy birthday," he smiled.

"Birthday?" I blinked.

"Want some cake?" He smiled. "I can go buy some?"

"...No," I stared at him.

"What about coffee? I can make you some iced co-"

"NO!!! DEFINITELY NO NO NO NO NO!!!!" I screamed.

"K-Kiori-chan..." He fake-cried.

I was so damn wrong when I said he was like Kaneki.

This guy is so damn annoying. As fuck.

And he asks me if I want some coffee when it's 12 fucking pm.

Is this guy really that dumb?

Thus, he sucks at making coffee.

I'd rather make my own coffee.

"Night, monkey boi," I yawned and entered my bedroom.

"Night, Kiori-chan."

I swear, he's so much older than me but he acts like he's only 2, but oh well I have a damn 19 year old mind.

Even so...

I know I love him.

Flash back

Tears stained my face as I ran away from the CCG building. I heard so much screamings just now. Of course, that'll be normal as Goumasa Tokage was there.

But no, that wasn't just any ghoul's screams.

It was Goumasa Tokage's screams.

Turns out someone called Yakumo Oomori, a ghoul, is now torturing him just like he tortured any of us. Lots of ghouls escaped from the building that day. I could've thanked him, but I couldn't. Fear stopped me.

As I ran and ran through the forest, passing by some some twigs and sometimes stepping on them, I finally came to the city. I carefully climbed over the fence and hid in an alleyway.

"Food...food...food...food...." I muttered as my steps turned into stumbles.

I suddenly smelt the sweet scent of flesh nearby and rushed to the spot where it is. Just as I saw a woman with hazelnut hair in front of me, I vision blurred and I collapsed on the ground, unconscious.

I opened my eyes to meet a not so clean ceiling. This definitely isn't the hospital. Plus, I'd never be able to get into the hospital because of my RC levels.

"Hey, sis, she's awake," A male voice said.

"Oh!" A voice that sounded like a female's exclaimed. I heard some footsteps and saw the same person from last night looking at me.

This is weird...she doesn't smell like a human.

"Hello? Can you see me? Hear me? Talk to me? What's your name?" She asked.

"Relax, sis....she can't answer so much questions at once..." A boy that looks like her spoke as he sweatdropped.

I slowly sat up and stared at them curiously. "Who are you...?"

"I'm Azami Kurosukke," The girl with hazelnut hair smiled. "This is my brother, Nishiki Kurosukke."

"I'm...Kiori Kurayami," I muttered quietly.

"Want this?" she held out a piece of flesh for me. My eyes widened.

"Y-You know I'm a ghoul...?"

"Well considering how you recovered from your injuries, it's kind of obvious," Azami smiled.

"Oh," I blinked and took the flesh. "Thanks."

"I'll...go outside," Nishiki said and went out of the room.

"Where is this?" I asked.

"Oh, our home. the 14th ward," she smiled.

"I see..." I took a bite out of the flesh.

"What happened to you? You look...terrible," she frowned.

"...Goumasa," I answered.

"Goumasa?" her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"He's...a psycho. Works at the CCG," I informed.

Her eyes watered and she hugged me tight, realising what I meant. "You poor thing..."

"Kurosukke-san..." my eyes widened slightly.

"It'll be Azami nee-chan to you from now on," she hugged me tighter.

"Hai...Azami nee-chan..." My vision was blurred with tears as I hugged her back.