Chapter 8 - Kiori and Touka

??? P.O.V

"Hmph. This feels impossible." My companion huffed, crossing his arms. "Gather them from all over the world? That'll take years!"

"And we have already been in here for years. There might still be some out there wandering, not knowing what to do. Our job is to help and protect. We must find all of them and get them to join us. " I explained.

"Taichou(leader)," A man entered the room. "We got something..."

"What is it?" I asked.

"We found a few more," he answered. "Including him," he eyed my companion.

"Let's go now," my companion stood up, turning serious. I glanced at him, my eyes softening.

I got up and nodded. "Where is he?"

"He's already outside, prepared." the man answered.

"Good. Let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback Kiori POV

"Eh, Touka? What are you doing here?" I asked as I stood on top of the church's roof where Touka sat, crying.

"G-Go away..." she spat.

"Meh, don't want to." I sat down beside her. "You know, school's so troublesome," I threw my schoolbag off the building.

"I said go away!!!" she screamed.

"Nice kagune." I smiled at her.

"W-What?" her eyes were wide.

"Why is there only half?" I asked.

"None of your business..." she muttered.

"It was for Ayato, isn't it?" I asked. Her eyes widened. "You lived the risk of damaging your kagune to protect your brother."

"I shouldn't have." she growled.

"You still care about him." her eyes widened.

"I don't!" she screamed. "What do you know anyways? He left! He just left! He doesn't care for me so I don't either!!!"

"He does." I glanced at her. She glared at me. "How do you know?"

"We were partners in Aogiri." I answered. "I was the only person he talked about his true feelings to. He said he cares about you. Heck, even if he didn't say that, it'd be so obvious."

Touka's expression saddened. "Then...why did he leave?"

"He left to protect." I answered.

There was silence.

"You know...he's more of an ass than you. And, you're both short." I smirked.

"What!?" she grew a tick mark.

"I hate to admit this, but..." a blush appeared on my face. "I might've had a tiny crush on him when I first joined."

I looked over to see Touka's reaction. She was blinking 10 times a millisecond.

"But, nah, I soon see him as an asshole and beat him to the ground almost everyday," I smirked, shrugging. "It started to stop after he first shared a secret with me. We became very close."

Touka squinted her eyes at me.

"WE'RE NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP!!!" I blushed furiously. "Respect your *ahem* elders!!!"

"YOU'RE ONLY ONE YEAR OLDER THAN ME!!! SHADDAP!!! PLUS, I'M YOUR SUPERIOR IN ANTEIKU!!!" Touka shouted furiously.

"I doubt you can make better coffee than me," I squinted my eyes at her.