23

Jeno took a seat down besides her, being as quiet as he can to avoid awakening her. The library was closing soon, but he was taking any chance to just simply look at her as if she were a statue crafted by the hands of God.

She was so pretty under Jenos eye, a beauty that wasn't just her appearance: it was the little things. Her scowl, her constant desire to kill him, her narrowed glare, the way she devours food as if it was the last candy in the store...her smile.

His thoughts had always lingered and clogged up his mind, but when there a single pause, it was always her. Imagining how'd she fall down the stairs if she was about to be late to her next class, imagining what it would be like to spend the first day of autumn together.

He gave her a loaded gun to his heart, yet trusted her not to pull the trigger.

Jeno didn't want to touch her, afraid she'd wake up and give him a fist to the face, so he sat there while the light flickered their own spontaneous rhythm. Row by row, it swallowed the library into darkness, until he too was surrounded by nothing but black. And a lamp, one single lamp that lit up her face.

By night, Cinderella would turn back into the servant she once was

By night, Cinderella's son would become the most vulnerable being anyone would ever be blessed enough to see.

Yuri stirred in her sleep, feeling several strands of hair being sucked into her mouth. Spitting a couple times and taking her hand mindlessly into her hair, she swung her head up to meet a pair of eyes staring straight back at her.

Flinching in shock, she almost toppled over backwards on her chair, soon to realise the person opposite her was Jeno.

"Wh- The hell are you here for?" She looked straight at him, face etched with shock

"We're in the library. Locked in the library" He replied inanimately

"What time is it?" She swiped the back of her hand over her mouth, ridding the drool from her lips

"4am" He replied

"4am!?" Yuri shot up, glancing around them. She located several storybooks and her bag with one single lamp on

"Let me take you somewhere" Jeno smirked, getting up and grabbing her wrist

"We're locked in dumbass" She resisted

"Theres windows for a reason, dumbass" Jeno clasped the lock on the window, sliding it left to push it open. A gush of window embraced their faces to throw several tints of pink along their cheek.

He gestured in that direction, a smug smile on his face. They were well aware they were breaking school rules, but screw that. Yuri pushed Jeno aside and climbed through the window with ease, landing on her feet upon some tan bark

Jeno struggled a bit, but got over eventually.

"Now where is this place that you're taking me to" She closed her eyes for a second to enjoy the breeze, before her wrist was taken hostage again and pulled in the direction of the back gates. After cautiously climbing through the school campus and finding themselves squeezing through a bent bar in the gate, Jeno clicked on his bike, letting out a very obnoxious beep.

"Hop on" He swung his leg over the seat and pulled a helmet over his head, awaiting a presence behind him.

"Hah" She put her weight on one leg "You're going to get us killed"

"Only person I'll be killing is you- hey what the hell" Jeno was harshly shoved off the bike while Yuri didn't give a whole damn and slid on the bike herself. Pulling the helmet off Jeno's head, she placed it on hers and let out a mimicking "Hop on"