EPILOGUE

disclaimer: this chapter is somewhat a bonus chapter

this chapter is mainly targeted at death wish readers !! ofc if you haven't read deaths wish, feel free to still read the chapter, it'll still make sense to a certain extent

if not, consider the previous chapter as the last chapter!

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

"Guys, guys!" A smooth, honey voice echoed in the room

"He's awake" This voice sounded low and rusty, as if he had just woken up

"Jisung he's awake! Hurry up come here"

My eyes squinted, barely being able to lift one. There were a faint beeping of some monitor, and tramples of footsteps.

Everything was white. I had thought I went to heaven.

A hand reached over to help my body up. I felt like I weighed no more than a feather. I mumbled some incoherent words; the people around me didn't seem to understand.

"Jeno, are you feeling OK?" I recognised that voice: it sounded like one of my friends. I opened my eyes but somehow, I wished I didn't. I was in the middle of a blank hospital with long stretching walls beside me. It felt like a jail, the beeping of the monitor signalling every second that my life has been wasted on.

"What..." I spoke, words as dry as a desert. In front of me where 6 boys and a girl. I didn't recognise the girl. She wore long earrings and a black mix between dress and coat. She didn't look happy.

"You got into a car crash at the competition. You've been out for weeks" Jaemin explained. I remained silent. I didn't even know if I was at the legal age to drive yet.

Suddenly, A name flashed into mind

Wang Yuri

"Yuri.." I muttered

"Who?" Mark asked "Yo are you sure you're OK?"

"Where am I? This...this isn't the hospital at school..." I stammered, hands rustling around on the blanket

"Guys he's hurt his brain" Renjun announced, getting hit on the back of the head by Haechan

"The school...the storybook...I..." He pointed at Mark "Mark why are you here?"

"What do you mean why am I here. I'm one of your best friends, why wouldn't I be here." Mark looked confused, patting Jeno on the back.

"Hey Jeno" It was Jisung "I'm uh, sorry for losing the race. Chenles here and would you believe it, he wants to apologise too"

What race?

My basketball competition?

No, Jisung didn't even play

I flickered my eyes to the girl beside Jisung.