40

CHAPTER 9
A SECRET GARDEN

Jeno only paused for a second, before snatching the phone out of the hand and trudging away from her again. She couldn't believe it; after all that, he still remained cold

"Yah Jeno" She ground her teeth together in frustration. He didn't stop, maybe he felt as though he'd actually give in if he did.

"Commence Plan C" She whispered to herself. Striding towards him, she grabbed his collar and pushed him down to her level. Jeno's eyes bulged out of its sockets, his heart suddenly thrashing so erratically he thought it was going to break his rib cage. He had basically a split second to think before Yuris lips were placed upon his.

Time froze, everything just stopped moving in his head.

This feeling, the feeling he had felt with her before. The feeling he had shed tears and ached over. It was all rushing back at him in one nostalgic hammer.

Yuris grip tightened around his collar, lifting her chin up so Jeno could stand straighter. Though, even if he could stand, he wasn't especially emotionally stable enough to do so.

He wanted so badly to push her away, but somehow, he found himself dragging her in like the way she just did to him: arm around waist and hand cupped around cheek. He didn't have enough resistance to just throw this moment away.

So he decided he was going to let his eyes rest, and accept whatever is going on.

He perhaps realised, letting go wasnt as easy as a simple 'we're done'.

The two parted, both not daring to leave each other's embrace.

"You haven't let go yet" She breathed, flickering her eyes up to his. Jeno briefly brushed his tongue over his lips: it had a faint blueberry taste to it. He didn't seem to have processed the words, nor did he want to look at her. The girl knew him so well that one look in his eyes would give him away.

"I wasn't thinking" Jeno forced himself to push her off, eyes pasted to the floor. She didn't believe a word he said. She reached out to touch his chin in hopes to make him look at her, but instead, Jeno softly slapped her hand away. Yuri was caught off guard, eyes wide with shock and a tint of hurt.

"Don't do something like this again, please" With one last merciless glance, he left with his body tense and face a pure brick.

COUPLES DAYS AGO...

"Jeno" Sooyun called and received simple ignorance.

"You can't keep ignoring me" Sooyun followed him as his footsteps slowed. He still gave no reaction.

"Even if we can't be lovers, at least let me be your friend. Like before, you know, with Jeonghun" The coaxing seemed to have been successful as Jeno stopped in his steps and turned around slowly.

"What do you want" He deadpanned, facing the girl with a prominent green streak.

"Why do you think I always want something?" She asked, her smile twitching