44

Jeno pulled out a USB from his pocket: the same USB he had hid from her just a couple hours ago.

"I want to submit another piece of evidence"

"Your honour, this is against-" The prosecutor slammed his folder down

"It's not my fault lawyers these days have failed to be one" Jeno cut him off. The audience seemed to burst into whispers. Yuri tugged at Jenos jacket, urging him to just sit back down.

"Your honour, in my hands is another piece of evidence that the defendent's lawyer did not submit." Jeno walked towards the podium, everyone staring at him as if he was insane "All evidence in this USB has not been tampered with; feel free to check as thoroughly as you want after the trial concludes"

Since when did Jeno start talking Law Yuri thought to herself.

"May I, Mr Lawyer" He cocked his head, giving him a sarcastic, disgusted look. Only Jeno would blatantly mock the title of a lawyer during a trial. After gaining control over the laptop, Jeno slid the USB into the laptop, the screen flickering on once again. With one press of the space bar, the video begun.

"Your honour, this was a section of the security footage that was erased. These "lawyers" clearly didn't care enough about this case to look deeper"

It was a video of some security footage. A video of a lady in a draping blue dress pushing open the back doors of the costume room. The footage then cut off.

"I had asked someone who was at the sight to give me the evidence of the happening" Jeno gestured to the screen yet again. The lady appeared from the point of view of a person, the camera shaking with heavy breaths layering in the background. The woman with the blue dress continued to walk out the door. She was then shown talking to a man dressed in black. A envelope was exchanged between the two and the woman can be seen bowing as the man leaves. The video was unclear but anyone could see that the woman pulled out several sheets of paper from the envelope and ripped it into pieces. I'd have everyone know that that, was the script."

The video then displayed a new piece of paper being slid into the envelope. At that moment, another voice could be heard calling "Anastasia Tremaine!""

Yuris eyes snapped open, her jaw falling completely open.

The screen showed the camera shaking as the lady in blue turned towards the camera. All of a sudden, everything went black.

Jeno took a sharp inhale in "This video was taken by the accused, Anastasia Tremaine. Her phone was smashed by the lady in the blue dress, namely Cinderella, and was unable to recover it. I managed to recover it prior to the trial and only managed to get the full file couple hours ago. As you can all see, the culprit isn't Mrs Tremaine, or rather, Cinderella"

The jury begun to murmur; even the judge sat forward on his chair

"I'm the son of Cinderella, so I do believe I have the right to stand forward and take responsibility in place of-

"I plead guilty" The door to the entrance of the court room had been swung violently open, the voice of Jeno's mother ringing in everyone's ear.

"I plead guilty of changing the script and disrupting the laws." Cinderella came up on the podium too. Jeno seemed to not expect her, his face draining of colour. This trial went from no one admitting, to a whole family pleading guilty.

"Mother what are you-" Jeno grasped his own mother's wrist, scrunching up his eyebrow

"Your honour, you saw the evidence, there should be no further debate about this" The woman spoke without a single stammer in her voice.