32

"Yeah sure, i'll meet you at the main hangout" She replied to Mark, eager to get out of the situation she was in. Mark agreed and upon the end of their phone call, she turned around only to have two piercing eyes stare right through her soul. Poking a finger on his forehead, she pushed him back and went to go grab her bag.

"I need to go" She said, very obviously hiding something from Jeno. He noticed it but he knew with time, she was going to explain it.

"Where?" Jeno stood up too, brushing off the grass and branches with his notepad in hand

"Main entrance to meet up with Mark" She said, taking Jenos hand so they could get back faster

"Why is it always Mark" Jeno rolled his eyes, shuffling down the hill. She let out a light laugh before arriving there and promising to buy Jeno lunch later on. After much convincing, the hooded boy did end up leaving her and Mark alone

"Hey" She greeted, heavy puffs of air flying out of her mouth having rushed down here

"Hey...Are you and Jeno actually dating?" Mark looked uncomfortable, rightfully so

"Yeah, shocker I know" She gave him another awkward smile and followed him through the hallway

"This is not intended in a rude manner but you do know that the scroll-"

"I know" She knew so well that every night she had to remind herself that the scroll was just some ink on parchment, not the her writing of her life

"You're really a brave one" He mumbled

"Jeno is" She glanced at him briefly "Jenos much braver than me. You see, I would have never agreed to his confession if he wasn't"

Mark chewed on his lips as they turned a corner through to the library.

"What did you want to talk about?" She brought up the conversation, taking a seat opposite Mark.

"Jeno...and you" He fiddled with his fingers "We both know we got eachother on the scroll and...I don't know, I don't want to see you get hurt after we graduate. You know how much those scrolls depict our life"

She let out a snort "Do you actually like me?"

He fell silent immediately. Never in his life had he met someone as straightforward as her

"I think it's only right if I did like you..." He replied, eyes flashing down to the pen scribbles on the table

"I'm so popular I love it" The mood were complete opposite for the two: Yuri basically getting a joke out of it and Mark in an intense awkward mess.

When Mark didn't reply, Yuri leant forward to give him one single pity look in the eye "Look at me Mark, can you tell I'm pitying you"

He looked at her and through her eyes, he saw his own reflection: a timid, scared, weak version of himself.

"I'm pitying the fact that you rely so much on those scrolls and storybooks and all the illogical trash in this world" She leant back on her chair "I don't like pitying people, don't make me pity you"

He somehow found himself growing quieter and quieter as their conversation progressed. A minute of no reply later, Yuri brought up the conversation she wanted to bring up before "Do you perhaps know someone called Jeonghun?"

Marks eyes suddenly began to shiver, his hands visually grouping into a ball. His body slouched ever so slightly from his up right position and his bottom lip taken in hostage by his teeth.

"I guess" His voice shook

"Your...brother, right?"

"He's not my brother" Mark refused to title Jeonghun as his brother. Not even half-brother. Just a stranger, a stranger he believed deserved to go to hell.