17

Yuri glanced around her closet, grimacing at the lack of clothes that could be deemed presentable. It was a disaster; there wasn't even a single shirt that was somewhat formal. She didn't necessarily want to dress up for Jeno, but rocking up in a t-shirt and sweatpants at a fancy restaurant was plai disrespect. Plus, who knew where Jeno was going to pick.

Originally, she was going to pick the place there were to eat at as she was actually the one paying, but after half a million illogical reasons flying out of Jenos mouth, she gave in and let him choose.

Knowing what type of person Jeno is prescribed as, it was probably going to be somewhere expensive.

"Ugh" She groaned for the fifth time that minute. Sliding open her phone, she dialled the one person that could help her.

"Yo" She pressed the phone between her ear and her shoulder as she continued to shuffle through the closet

"Ready to get your ass beat?" Tens voice rung into her ear. Realisation dawned on her as she straightened her back with her eyebrows raised.

"Uh Ten, we might need to cancel our Poka tournament today" She knew what reaction was to come

"What? Why?"

"Jenos dragging me over to eat dinner with him, but I promise this is a one time thing. I'll make it up to you"

Every weekend Ten and Yuri spent time together playing cards and attempting to defeat each other as if their lives depended on it. They would chill in the recreation room since no one was there on the weekends—most people tended to go outside and party rather than staying in the school building—and claim it as their territory.

"Jeno? As in, Lee Jeno? He's taking you out to dinner? What's gotten into you? You agreed?"

"Only because I owe him"

"What could you possibly owe him that you had to cancel our game night"

"I uh" The picture of the scar across his eyebrow flashed into mind "I insulted him"

"What!? Every word that comes out of your mouth nowadays are just insults."

"Yeah stuff happens" She rolled her eyes "Now come here and help me pick something to wear"

"You're picking something to wear? Not trackpants and a hoodie? For Jeno?"

"Are you a test paper or something like please just shut up with the questions." She was very close to hanging up

"I'll come, i'll come. But you have a lot of explaining to do"

"I really don't"

"Yeah, cool and witty Wang Yuri dresses up for cold bad boy player of the school. Sounds about right" There was rustling on the other side, Yuri sensing that Ten was on his way

"Now you're just making stuff up"

"Oh shut up- i'm here, open the door"

She hung and swung her dorm door open, greeting a rather concerned looking Ten. Immediately coming at her, he placed his hand against her forehead.

"No fever..." He murmured, squinting at Yuri's exasperated face

"I'll give you several purple patches on your face if you don't hurry up and chuck me some clothes."

Her eyes scanned the atmosphere as she took steady steps towards the place Jeno had suggested. She had no idea where he was actually taking her, but she really just wanted to get this over and done with. On the right, she spotted a massive building with gold lining every edge. It was most probably one of those fancy hotel restaurants