34

The whistle of the coach blew, and Ten and Yuri looked at each other for one split second, and walked off. The two never fought, even if they did, it was over something as small as who didn't flush the toilet in which it usually ended up with Ten buying chicken for them to share and make up. They didn't know if they considered this as a fight, but she had hoped it wasn't.

Yuri sighed, walking over to Jeno who had waited for her with his hands in his pockets and his usual dull expression. Pursing her lips in a soft smile, she rooted herself next to Jeno as the instructor yelled out warmups.

Immediately, he sensed something was wrong "Did something happen?" He asked, glancing at her

"Had a small disagreement with Ten, we'll be fine tomorrow" Or so she wished.

"You don't look that convinced at your own words" He commented. Yuri chewed on her lips, eye lids dropping to the floor.

"We've fought before" She forced a smile and looked up at him "It's normal"

"You know you don't always have to look at me with a smile right" They were in the middle of gym class, yet somehow Jeno deemed it was the best time to make an attempt to comfort her.

Yuri paused for a second, chuckling and folded her eyes up into a faint crescent "You've got one of those fancy basketball competition against the Royals soon right. Focus on that, worry about me later. You know how I am, I'm always OK"

Brushing his tongue over his lips, he let the situation go and fixed his eyes on the coach. Silently, he just wished that he can trust Yuris words like he always had.

The stadium, the aura, the squeaky gym floor and the endless chattering of people; it was happening all over again. She had always dreaded this event since it really meant nothing to her, even if her side did win, she could care less. The Royals had always been notorious for winning the big basketball games, knowing that if they didn't, they wouldn't be able to live up to their 'shining' reputation. This year, the Evils now had Jeno on their team.

It was actually a surprise to everyone when Jeno had first joined the team, him being infamous for being this creep that basically lurks in the corner of the Royal corridors. But as time goes by, the classic princesses start falling for different types of guys, Jeno being rather popular among the bunch. Though, he joined the team only to impress Sooyun. Perhaps he just had a bit of talent in the things he least expected.

Yuri never voluntarily attended the games, usually it had always been Ten who had dragged her over. But now, she felt like it was only right that she did. So carrying her box of chips drizzled with tomato sauce, she entered and found a seat fairly close to the side benches below them. Ten still had refused to talk to her, or maybe it was the other way around, either way, the duo was yet to even speak a word to eachother. She had even tried to look for him before but was unable to locate the bubbly teen.

Taking a seat—still in an attempt to look for her closest friend—she slotted into any without even looking, shoving chips stressfully into her mouth. Being both stressed about the game as well as the fate of her relationship with her best friend was not a good combination. In fact, she did not even know which side she wanted to win the game.

Then she heard a knock, sending her flying out of her seat, dropping one precious toasted chip onto the floor, the tomato sauce smeared across the ground. Her eyes shot to the source, widening when she found out Jeno was looking at her with his hood and of course, his smirk.

"You're meant to be doing the warm-up you dimwit" She ushered, pushing his arms off the fence railing

"I don't need the warm-up" He replied back smugly "All I need is a little boost of energy"