31

"What are you..." Jeno's voiced trailed off "You're back- how?"

"Don't you miss me?" Jeno's brother, Jeonghun smiled. It was a warming smile to Jeno, but to Yuri, there was a wicked tint to it.

"Yeah- but what...how did you get out?" Jeno broke a smile, bringing his brother in for a hug.

Yuri couldn't believe her ears, her eyes stuck on Sooyun who looked at her with such a malicious glance that a cold shiver ran down her spine

"Sooyun helped a little" His brother laughed, patting Jeno on the back and scanning him from head to toe "You've grown a lot"

Suddenly, Jeonghun's gaze shifted to Yuri's trembling ones. There was a smile of spiteful vengeance.

"Who's this? Introduce me to her" Jeonghun put his hand on Jeno's shoulder, gesturing to the girl. His face was etched with sweet poison, his tongue swiping his bottom lip. Jeno turned around, throwing his arm around her shoulder. She stumbled slightly, and that was the first sign she definitely did not want to be here.

"My girlfriend" He announced, turning to look at her with a smile on his face.

"Girlfriend?" Jeonghun let out a subtle chuckle

"Jeno I think I might-" Yuri stammered. It was the first time she had been so weak in a while; it was the trauma that got to her.

"What's your name? I've got to get to know my brothers girlfriend better" He reached out his hand for her. That god damned smirk of his. It was like he thought he could control the whole world with a single lift of his lips. She hated it, she hated the sight of him

She didn't reply for a second but with one sharp inhale, she took his hand "Wang Yuri". She had a desperate urge to squeeze the life out of his hands but luckily she refrained from doing so knowing Jeno stood right there. She couldn't let him know what happened between her and his brother; there was no way she could let herself tell him. They were already fated to end in the first place, the least she could do was drag it out as long as she could.

"I'm going to go" She dropped Jeonghun's hand and left the three there. All the memories flooded back to her and sometimes, she wished memories faded quicker.

Yuri leant against the fence, stray pieces of hair flying past her cheek with her eyes closed. She encased herself in darkness yet she felt like she was in an empty paradise of wind and the sweet scent of grass. Just the rough wooden fence against her calloused fingers and the feeling of little goose bumps crawling up her skin--it wasn't the shivering kind of goose bumps, it felt refreshing.

"Angle yourself a bit" A dark, rusty voice cut between the silent flapping of the wind.

"You're disturbing my peace" She in fact, did not angle herself. Jeno chuckled, spinning his pencil around his finger. Jeno was surprisingly a good artist, mainly with pencil and eraser. He had never really openly shown his artworks to anyone but he did find sketching a hobby of his. It was calming when things got rough. This was the first time Yuri had seen him draw, undoubtedly, she teased him about it.

He clutched his leather notebook in hand, shading in his little pencil drawing of her standing on the tip of a hill against the fence. As he continued to sketch, he had noticed something was off with Yuri a while ago for she had never really took time out of her day to trudge up this hill if her mind wasn't clogged with unnecessary thoughts. But now she stood at the hill against the fence, basically hinting that something was definitely wrong. He wanted to bring it up, but as she had suggested, he did not want to disturb her peace.

midnight stories | lee jeno √ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें