38

Yuri tore out her hair in frustration, pacing around her room. She held the tickets to the game tightly in her hand, different scenarios appearing in her head.

"Would he be disappointed if I didn't go?" She asked herself "No, why would he? Everything was just a game of his anyways"

There were only a couple minutes until the game starts. She wasn't originally going to go, but after much consideration of the waste of money and the lack of entertainment, she was rethinking.

She had decided that she wasn't going to try and avoid him, she was going to simply ignore him from now on. But she knew, she was self consciously avoiding him anyways. Not going to the match was basically just another way of avoiding him.

Suddenly, as she was staring at her ticket, it was pulled out of her grip. Her eyes flashed up to the figure in front of her, her eyebrows shooting up.

"You're not going to that stupid match" Ten adamantly stated. She blinked at him.

"Who knows what he would do to you if you went. You're basically saying that you still haven't given up on him by going to his match. He might think you're still latching on to him while he goes to jerk off with some other girl" Ten hid the ticket behind his back.

"But by not going, doesn't that say that I'm affected by what he did?"

Ten fell silent, then muttering "Who wouldn't be affected by what that jerk did"

At that moment, her phone rung. Fishing through her pocket, she pulled it out and stared at the ID for a couple seconds before picking up.

"Mark?"

"Hey. You're going to the comeptition today right?"

"Haven't decided yet" She made eye contact with Ten. Ten had been desperately trying to put her with Mark in hopes to mend a bit of her swollen heart. It hasn't been going too great, but at least, Yuri is putting an effort into it too.

"I hope you can come. It's the big game and it'll mean a lot if you came. Of course, if you don't want to...I get it"

"Ah...right"

Ten was giving her that 'What's going on look'. She rose her shoulder and dropped it, shrugging as she distanced herself away from Ten to avoid him listening to the conversation.

"I do want to go it's just...some things are going on right now. I'll get back to you on that" She lowered her volume, shielding her mouth from Tens line of vision

"I don't want you to feel pressured into going or anything. It would just be nice if you were there..."

"I think you might want to search up the definition of pressuring again" She muttered

"What?"

"Nothing. If I'm free, I might pass by to say hi. For now, well uh, I gotta go, see you" She hung up as quick as she could, shoving the phone deep inside her pocket. Now her decision was even harder: she either went to support Mark and face the wrath of Jeno or she ditched everything entirely.

"Mark wants me to go" She looked down, Ten letting out an audible sigh.

"Since it's Mark" Ten slid the ticket back into her hand "You should go"

Clinging onto the ticket with her frail fingers, she groaned and threw herself on the couch. Never in her life did she think she'd have to go through this, but now that she's here, all she could do was clench her fists and storm through it.