36

The silent treatment had been used on her for two days straight. Whenever her eyes landed on Jeno, he would hurry away and rush to the Evil side. It was torture not knowing the reason behind it all, even worse that he refused to even explain.

Her days were getting tiresome without anyone to hang around with. Mark offered multiple times, but had always been rejected. She was just too fed up with everything to listen to Mark's generic comforting words.

It was until she had received a phone call that her eyes finally shot up from the ground. It was from Jeno, the first phone call they have had since 3 days ago.

Picking up with desperation, she spoke in broken korean "Finally Jeno can you pl-"

"Meet me at the tower"

The line cut.

Yuri blinked, confusion and concern swarming at her from every direction.

What if something happened to him?

Pocketing her phone, she rushed to the tower in worry. Her feet stumbled over themselves as she trampled up the stairs, grasping the door frame and heaving in deep exhales. In front of her was Sooyun and Jeno and the atmosphere had never felt so heavy.

"Jeno why are you..." Her voice trailed off as she entered the room.

"Here she is, our little pawn in our game" Sooyun sighed, tapping a finger against her forearm. Yuri glanced between the two, and never had she seen Jeno hide so much behind the shadow of his hood. Her eyebrows furrowed, standing up straighter in an attempt to scrutinise the situation

"You had so much confidence that you'd win, what happened?" Sooyun took a step forward, unravelling her arms from its previous fold

"What are you talking about" Yuri's voice full of hostility

"I'm talking about the deal, Yuri. You lost"

The deal. The god damn deal.

"I thought the deal was abolished" She stumbled over her words

"Both sides have to agree to abolish, do they not?" Yuri hated the way Sooyun spoke. She was so full of herself.

"Jeno agreed, he agreed to abolish it. Stop trying to rip apart something that you can't have" Yuri hissed which only earned a chuckle from Sooyun

"Jeno" Sooyun looked at the male cowarding at the back "Did you agree?"

There was a beat of pause.

"No" Jeno said defiantly and Yuri's heart crashed.

"Yah Lee Jeno" Her fingers crawled into a ball

"What should we do with you? You lost to the deal...hm, maybe we could-"

"Let me talk to him myself bitchass" She shoved Sooyun aside, having direct eye contact with Jeno.

"Tell me this is all just a joke" She grasped his arm that was shielded by his hoodie. He didn't reply

"Tell me Sooyun made you agree and tell me Sooyun blackmailed you."

He flickered his eyes up "She didnt"

"Just tell me what happened and we can sort this out-"

"Yes I agree that I may have gotten too absorbed in the deal. I may have done some dumb shit that may have given you the wrong idea. But that's the point of this game. I made the aim clear when we started: you fall in love with me and I win. It's not my fault you got yourself too tightly intertwined with me." He said with a spark in his eyes and a twitching lip "I've won, Wang Yuri"