41

inspired by Your Name

"Jeonghun" Yuri called. They were outside campus, therefore outside teachers responsibility.

"What is this? Jeno's little girlfriend coming to see me?" Jeonghun turned around, putting his weight on one leg

"How did you get out of the cemetery" She asked, flatly

"Hah, such question" Jeonghun leant closer "What do I get in return for telling you?"

"What do you want?" She scoffed

"What, do you think you'll be going into the cemetery?"

"Just tell me" She urged.

"The simple answer is, you can't"

"Then how did you-"

"Wait, I haven't finished" Jeonghun stopped her "Give me your hand"

"What?" She was more than reluctant to do so

"Guess I won't be telling you how to get out-"

"Here" Yuri shoved her hand in his, flinching at their contact. Jeonghun smirked, grabbing a pen from his pocket and writing the word 'Yuri' on her palm.

"What's..." She flickered her eyes up to him

"Your way out" Jeonghun gave her a side wink as he left, spinning the pen around his finger. She didn't know if she trusted Jeonghun with this, but he was the only one she could ask. She had to do what she needed to.

Turning her hand over and over, staring at the characters written on her hand. Yuri. Her name. The basis of her identity.

She didn't know what she was planning to do next, but all she could do was hope it all turns out OK in the end

Yuri stepped out into the open, feet in a slow, steady rhythm. Her eyes were closed and her hands were beside her in a sullen swing. The familiar air of the world, infiltrated with all the grasps of standards and stereotypes. Polluted with manipulation and the facade of a utopia.

Her feet took her subconsciously on an unfamiliar road. She only let herself open her eyes when she felt she reached her destination. In front of her was the cemetery; the blank, empty cemetery. It had always been a mystery what happens once you enter it, no ones makes it alive to tell the story...except Jeonghun. She still didn't know how he did it, and he wasn't detailed in his explanation.

Her fingers scraped against the brick fence, tracing the indentation as she strolled along the fence. She stared at each grave with a heavy heart, feeling the melancholy of just being in the presence of so many forgotten souls. She didn't know if any of her friends had gone to the cemetery; she didn't remember.

Her finger came to a stop as he reached the entrance gate. The rusty, forgotten fence that locked the ghostly souls in. The old paint that peeled off around the edges, the lock that was more of a ornament than an actual lock.

Scanning the atmosphere, she leant her elbow against the fence, taking hostage of her bottom lip in her teeth. She was in a dilemma. A grave one.

A soft sigh fluttered out of her lips, cheeks pink with the breeze of the coming winter.

If only she had tried to find a way to switch back their original sides. If only she hadn't gotten tied up with her story's arch nemesis. If only she had listened to everyone who told her 'No'. She wouldn't be here, staring at the cemetery with a sinking feeling in her stomach. She didn't even know who to blame for things turning out this way, perhaps everyone, perhaps herself.