35

CHAPTER 8
YOU SHALL GO

The two girls just stood there staring at eachother for a split second, before Sooyun walked forward and harshly bumped her against her shoulder. Yuri didn't say anything, which was rather unlike her, perhaps she sensed the flames that were flaring up in Sooyun.

Fixing her focus back on Jeno, she smiled and fell into his embrace.

"You made it seem like you won" She joked, chin on his chest

"This is not how you congratulate someone" Jeno scrunched up his face, locking his fingers together to rest them on her lower back

"I'm just scared you'll get too cocky if I congratulate you" She ran her eyes over his face, the top of his forehead lined with glistening sweat with his cheek painted a faint pink, breath noticeably more heavy in recovery from the running.

"We got a tie so there will be a rematch in a couple days. Got you front row tickets" He broke away and passed her the tickets.

"Since when did they have tickets" She took them and casually slotted it into her pocket

"Since the school realised that it would be chaos without it" He slung his arm around her and began walking off to the stands whilst waving lazily at his teammates

"I'll consider it"

"I know you'll come"

"I'll see how my mood is on the day"

And the two left back to their dorms, chatting away about the game along the way.

Yuri was packing her stuff for school the next day, mind stuck on what she was going to do with Ten. She stared at her phone for a couple seconds, chewing her lips in contemplation.

"Ugh" She groaned, throwing her head back. She really should just call him, but she was never the one to apologise first, hence why her dignity was not letting her. Spinning around her chair in utter frustration, she threw herself up and grabbed her phone.

"Throw away your dignity for one second" She huffed, blowing a stray strand of hair from her face. She scrolled to Ten's contact with her finger hovering above it. There was hesitation again, but she clicked it. The ringing tone provoked the panic in her as she placed it against her ear, her teeth chewing her lips as if it was a piece of gum.

"Hi" He picked up

"Can we meet up? You know, in the Rec room" She moreso mumbled than spoke. Somehow, he understood, word by word.

"Meet you there in 2"

The call was ended by Ten. Letting a deep sigh of relief escape her lips, she ruffled down her clothes, clenching her phone as she left her dorm. The journey towards the Rec room was nothing but loads of overflowing thoughts and the want to just get it over and done with. The jingle of the bell rung as she pushed open the Rec room door, her eyes glancing over to Ten who was sat tensely against the couch behind the pool table.

"Hi" She greeted, rather awkwardly as she took a seat beside him. Ten was always more of the tender one, but this time, his mind didn't seem like it was stuck on the fact that Yuri had come to apologise; it looked as if Ten was concerned about something way different.

"Look Yuri" He turned to look at her gravely "Jeno isn't a good person. For your sake, please just let him go"

"Not this again" She groaned.