14

CHAPTER 4
LA POLKA MILITAIRE

"Yah" She punched the back of a male dressed in all black

"What" He whipped around, lowering his hood down.

"Here" She shoved a couple notes into his hand "For the abundance of medical stuff"

"I said you didn't need to pay me back" He rejected the money, planning to walk away when she pulled him back and slipped it into his pocket.

"I'm not doing this out of kindness, I'm doing this because we're not close, we're barely acquaintances. I'm not taking that as a gift, I'm buying that from you" She nodded to the money "Thanks"

"Yu-" He stepped forward, but she was already gone.

"What the hell is wrong with her" He pulled out the money from his pocket. It did slightly hurt the moment her words flew out of her mouth. He had no reason to be hurt, but maybe the reason it did, was because it was true.

Clasping the money, he scoffed and entered his classroom unbothered.

"You said what to him?" Ten spat out his food, creating a nuisance on her precious taekwondo floor.

"I just bought something off him, that's it. Your making it seem as if i committed arson" Yuri rolled her eyes, tightening her belt as she bent down to get a swig of water.

"You really are something" Ten shook his head slowly, clapping in fake enthusiasm and astonishment. Only she would be able to pull off something like that towards an individual like Lee Jeno.

"On that note, he should be coming with chicken anytime soon" Ten whipped his head round to the door, expecting the footsteps he had heard everyday accompanied by the crinkling of a plastic bag.

It did come, but with an absence of the plastic bag bit.

As soon as he entered, he locked eyes with Yuri and she knew something was about to come.

"Come with me" He didn't even greet, nor acknowledge Tens presence. He just grasped her wrist, and dragged her out of the door.

"What? Where are we going?" She was so brutally jerked across the room she almost broke her back a second time "I'm very much disabled so dont- jesus can you not drag me"

They were out of school with Jeno taking the lead. They were lucky school was over, although this was meant to be the time Yuri should be practicing taekwondo. Technically she wasn't allowed to, but with much persuasion and reassurance, she was allowed to do the most basic stretches.

"You said we weren't close, so i'm taking you to a place, for us to get go know each other" He smirked "For us to get to know the real Yuri"

A room, brightly lit with globes of light, strung along the perimeter while soft acoustic music played in the background. A wooden table was set up in the middle, accompanied by sets of similarly wooden stools. It almost reminded her of a childs memory: the tent in the corner, the burning fireplace, the painted walls and the boxes of equipment and bits and bobs lying on the table.