18

CHAPTER 5
BIBBIDI-BOBBIDI-BOO

The moment she opened her locker to see a filthy amount of soaked notebooks covered in dirt, it was slammed shut by another hand. Sucking in a breath to hold in her anger, she balled her fist up to whip towards the person on her right.

"Don't look at it" It was Mark, and his voice that had always sounded so sweet.

"Psh" She tried to yank the locker open again, but to her surprise, it was slammed shut again with strength she didn't expect from someone like Mark.

Her eyebrows rose to the very top of her head as her gaze connected with Marks once again.

"Just ignore it, they'll get tired and stop eventually" He tried to comfort her, but judging by her expression, she didn't seem to especially need it. She was use to the constant immaturity of her classmates, there were simply no need to banter with them.

"Uh-"

The locker suddenly swung open, a body appearing beside her. Before she could do so much as to the react, the figure grabbed a notebook in her flooded locker and tossed it at Mark.

"If you care so about her mental well-being, give her a good ol' hug or something. As far as I know, leaving bucket loads of water in the locker to rot is a great way to boost mental health." The figure, which she assumed was Jeno, grabbed another notebook out and chucked it ruthlessly at Mark.

"What the hell are you doing" She hissed, giving him a warning shove

"If you don't open your locker in the next 10 minutes, your books will really all just disintegrate. I'm helping you. Unlike someone, I value practicality over intuition" He shot one distasteful look at Mark.

"I don't think intuition is the right word..." Marks voice trailed off, catching another flying book.

"Lee Jeno this is my locker in the royal side of school. I'm kindly asking you to get your ass as far away from here as you can" She blew a piece of hair off her face, slamming her locker shut without a single conscious of whether his finger was in the way. Luckily Jeno sensed she was about to completely obliterate his finger so he pulled back the moment he saw her hand on the locker door.

"Leave" She crossed her arms over and shifted onto her other leg

"Meet me in your trashy tower attic place at lunch, I've got updates on the switch up" Jeno left with one glare and finally, the tense aura was gone.

"That escalated" Mark chuckled lightly, helping her brush off the dirt on her notebooks.

"Everything escalates in one second when it comes to Jeno" She shivered; just the thought of him getting mad at everything with an intimidating hood on was giving her the chills. She's already feeling sorry for his future girlfriend—in this case, whoever's written on his scroll.

"Do you know why he's basically like two different people depending on the day? I'm assuming you've probably interacted with him a fair bit." She asked casually, shaking the notebook violently to get off the bits of dirt covering it.