45

"Jeno...Jeno where are you" Her breaths were shaking, feeling the damp grass as if he was going to be hidden amongst the streaks of green.

"I dont understand...w-why...you cant leave, not like this" Under chilling stabs of the rain, she could not differentiate between her tears and the rain. She was so desperately trying to grab something; her memories, her love and her hope. They were all sliding through her fingers like thin rushes of water.

Letting out one ripping scream that tore apart the eagles that fled in the blanket of night, she sat on her legs, hands violently trembling.

Then she remembered the piece of paper Jeno had given her. Bringing up her hand, she unravelled it, the rain soaking it within seconds.

Hi, I'm Lee Jeno

"There's no way I could forget-" Her eyes flashed upwards

"Do you know what it's like to go into the cemetery? It's like a fading memory. You know, forgetting yourself: your name, your identity. And for others, it's a simple process of forgetting the ones most dearest to you. Perhaps it teaches us to never take things for granted"

Jeonghun's words shot through her mind

Her heart beat faster, hands scurrying to wipe off the rain from the paper as if the already soaked water could just be sucked out with one touch of a finger.

"Jeno...jeno jeno" She chanted his name like a curse "No, Jeonghun might've been lying". The rain poured harder.

Yuri glanced upwards, scurrying to hide under a tree as she fished her phone out, dialling Ten's contact immediately

"Ten" She stammered, barely being able to form coherent words

"Hey, where are-"

"Do you know who Jeno is?"

"Jeno? I don't remember anyone named that. Though it sounds oddly familiar"

"No Ten think again. My boyfriend...the one that brought fried chicken for us every taekwondo session...the one-"

"You should know your own boyfriend Yuri"

No, he's joking. This is all a joke. It's a dream...it's only a dream

She pinched herself: it wasn't a dream.

Yuri was stubborn, and refused to believe the reality laid out in front of her like an open book.

"I'll talk to you later" She hung up and pushed her finger onto another ID; there was no way this person could've forgotten about Jeno.

"Mark" She called his name with a cry at the edge of her lips

"Are you OK? Where are you?"

"Jeno...do y-you..."

"Jeno? Who's Jeno?" The worse part was, he sounded genuinely confused

"The family you got adopted into...your mortal enemy...y-you...just...Jeno, Lee Jeno Mark! Don't you remember a thing about him?" She was so desperate was was practically howling into the phone.

"The family I got adopted into? What are you on about? I'm the son of Snow White, I've always been the son of Snow White. Plus, I cant be enemies with someone I don't even know"

"No Mark! This..this isn't what happened. No...no, none of this is what happened" She held the piece of paper tightly within her palm. Her head was pounding and so was her heart. In such aching pain that she almost wanted to surrender and let go of every fragment of memory she had left.