42 |The Happiness That He Longed For II|

Soham finally reached home, excited to spend some quality time with his family in which he looked for for years.

He walked inside and checked the living room and noticed that no one wasn't there.

In confusion he checked the dinning room where he last left everyone and no one was there either.

"Sanyukta?" he called, placing his bag on the chair as he walked down the hall in disappointment.

"I'm in the kitchen," she answered.

He smiled to know at least she was there and went into the kitchen, only to see her cooking.

"Good evening jaan," he said lovingly, snaking his hands around her waist, taking up and eating the last dried fruit in the bowl she was eating out of.

Sanyukta slapped his hand playfully and continued to stir the pot while he was chuckling behind of her.

Soham nuzzled his head more into her neck, increasing his grip around her waist, hugging her tightly making her smile.

"Where is everyone?" he asked, playing with her hair.

"Mom and dad went shopping and papa went to the pharmacy. And yes, Aisha is in the guest room."

"Aisha is here?"

"Yeah, she came earlier today. She was talking so sweetly to me I couldn't believe that it was actually her standing before me.

She told me everything and even apologized for her actions."

"She is changing slowly and I am very happy for that. I guess when I belted out my feelings to her it actually made her feel guilty."

"When did you do that?" Sanyukta asked, turning to face him.

"A few weeks ago I guess, I can't remember exactly but that day she was really pissing me off and it just came out."

"Well I am glad to hear that you got that off of your chest and that it is making her realize her mistake.

Anyway I am making Palak Paneer for dinner."

Sanyukta turned back around to continue cooking the food, holding in her laughter.

"What! Sani yaar you know I hate Palak Paneer then why are you making it? I won't eat dinner tonight," Soham whined, folding his arms across his chest angrily.

"I'm joking baby." She bursted out in laughter upon seeing his childish reaction and he just glared at her. "I am making Biryani."

"It's not funny Sani. I'm leaving."

Before Soham left, Sanyukta grabbed his hand and kissed his pout then moved her lips to his ear. "You look so cute like this."

Soham blushed and walked away to talk to Aisha before he changed and freshen up.

He walked into her room and saw her staring deeply at their 'family' photo which was taken when he was 10.

"You miss Randhir and Siya a lot don't you," he spoke, making her look up at him.

"Yes and no."

"Why is that so?"

Soham was now sitting next to her on the couch, with his hands in his lap.

"I miss them because they showered me with so much love and care that I can't even explain. Everything I wanted they would give me without arguing and whenever I would get hurt they would take care of me like a glass doll.

But I don't miss them because I now realize after so much thought that all my life they have manipulating me and instigating me against you.

They used to hurt you, abuse you and cause you pain and most of the the time I would push them to because all my life I was taught to hate you because you ruined their lives.