24 |The Identity That's Unknown|

1:30 am

"Butterflies and sugar drops. Look Soham, a rainbow," said Sanyukta who was pointing at the ceiling of the house, still under the effect of her sugar rush.

"I shouldn't have allowed you to eat so much cotton candy," Soham said, sighing as he has to be handling her alone.

"I want to go to the fairy princess she has cotton candy for me."

"There is no fairy princess nor cotton candy Sanyukta now sit down," he told sternly trying to make her sit on her bed.

"No I want the-" she smiled widely and cupped his face, bringing it closer to her. "Yes Mr. Gummy bear I want to eat you."

She tried to bite his face but he made her lay down right in time.

"Not fair Mr. Gummy bear."

Pouting cutely, she folded her hands across her chest, turning her face away from Soham who was busy taking off her shoes.

"I will go and get you some water."

He tried to get up but her sudden grab stopped him. "Not so fast Mr. Gummy bear, I will eat-"

"No you won't. Sweetheart please sleep."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Then I will leave."

"No! Stay Mr. Gummy bear, I will go to sleep." Sanyukta curled up in her bed, settling her head on the pillow and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

'Thank God,' he told himself as he got up and could finally rest.

He went to his room and without changing his clothes nor showering, he fell flat on his bed, dozing off to sleep.
~~~~~~
The Next Morning

"Don't worry Sanyukta, dad is with me. He got discharged today and I went to pick him up. We are at his house."

"Thank God, I was getting worried. I'm on my way."

Soham was sitting on the couch beside Rajveer who was showing him all of Sanyukta's baby pictures and telling him the backstory behind of them.

He wished he his parents cherished his childhood the same way Rajveer did.

His grandfather did it all. He even made a small album but only a few of his baby pictures were in it. He couldn't add anymore as the beat marks on his skin would be too risky to show.

His grandfather cherished everything. He cherished him, his love and their bond.

He only wished he was alive today to see despite everything that has happened, he was still fighting though he gave up at times.

His grandfather would be proud, but he would have been dead if Sanyukta didn't save him that day. He was ready to give up but by her simple action made him want to fight again.

"And this was when Sanyukta did her first play. She was the lamb from Mary and the little lamb." Rajveer's voice pulled him out of his thoughts and looking on him, Rajveer noticed that something was wrong.

"Are you okay son?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just thinking about something."

"What?"

"U-Uh-" looking around for something to say his eyes fell on Sanyukta's picture. "Of Sanyukta in this lamb costume."

Chuckling, Rajveer turned the page and was about to say something but Sanyukta's entrance into the house stopped him.