10 |The Hatred That Speaks|

Mumbai City Hospital

"Damn it!" Sanyukta yelled throwing her lab coat she took off a few seconds ago on her chair.

She slammed her hands against the wall and stopped moving for a few seconds.

'The mother died while giving birth to the baby. Poor thing.'

Those words just kept running through her head over and over without a stop. 

She covered her mouth and screamed,  knowing that that child whom her colleague was talking about was going to live the same motherless life she was living.

Though it wasn't her business or patient, she still felt bad. Really bad. When she saw the ward boy taking the lifeless body of the mother, it reminded her of her mother.

Lying lifelessly on the ground with wounds and bruises all over her.

"Mom," she whispered softly, leaning her back against the wall of her cabin, sliding down slowly.

Sanyukta remembered looking at the sweet, beautiful baby girl, her big doe eyes looking innocently into hers.

Her father was cradling her in his arms, already broken by the death of his wife, but tried to keep himself composed for the sake of his child.

The baby just stared at her, as if they were connected.

Her heart clenched knowing that the child will lose out on one of the most important types of love, a mother's love.

Sobbing in the palm of her hands, Ishaan walked inside her cabin only to find her sitting on the floor.

"Sanyukta?" he asked, holding her by her shoulders taking her up.

"I-Ishaan, what are you doing here?" she asked, clearing her cracking voice.

"Why were you crying Sanu?" he asked, calling her by the nickname he knew she hated.

"Don't call me that," she told pushing him a little, fixing her clothes. "And I'm fine don't worry."

"Don't lie to me. I know you Sanyukta, I know you very well and I for sure know something is wrong with you. Now tell m, what happened?" He made her sit on her chair and folded his arms across his chest and leaned against her desk, waiting for her to talk.

"I was walking past the OT when I saw Ruhi disappointedly leaving the room. I asked her why and she said she lost her patient. The baby was fine, but the mother died while giving birth."

Tears fell down her cheeks once again and he sighed, wiping them.

"And you remembered aunty?" Seeing her tear stained face he hugged her, rubbing her back to try to calm her down. "She wouldn't want you to cry each and every day of your life. She would want you to move on and remember all those good times the both of you shared together."

"It's not easy as you say it is. I try to but-" she sighed and wiped her tears, glancing over to the photo frame on her table. "It's just hard Ishaan. I get happy seeing children with their mothers but automatically I remember how I lost mine and then some things just trigger me, for example what just happened. And before you ask, I am still going to therapy. My next appointment is next week."

He pulled the chair that was in front of her table and sat down beside her.

"I understand Sanyukta, I truly do but seeing you-" before he could finish, his eyes fell on her mangalsutra which hung around her neck.

"You got married?"

"Yeah. I am sorry I didn't tell you but I tried to call you but you didn't answer so I told your PA to tell you. I was even shocked and disappointed that you didn't attend my wedding."

"I-I have to go. I will see tomorrow." He got up quickly and headed towards the door but stopped. "Oh yeah, uncle asked me to give you this."

He placed a small pink card which was covered in glitter on her desk and left her cabin leaving her confused.

Sanyukta wiped the remaining tears which held her cheeks and cleared her hoarse throat once again.

She took up the card and smiled, placing it against her chest, directly where her heart was located.

"I love you mom," she said softly, smiling a little wider, closing her eyes picturing her mother's smiling face.

"Sanyukta?" came his cold voice from outside, causing her to look at the door.

'Soham?' she thought, placing the card back the desk as she got up.

"Come in."

He walked inside holding a small tiffin in his hand and the other hand in his pocket.

"Dad told me to give you this." He stretched out his hand, forwarding the tiffin to her. "He said he got to know about your eating habits from your dad and he wants you to eat everything inside."

It was quite puzzling to her to see this gesture coming from him though her father in law sent the tiffin.

Sanyukta took the tiffin from him and placed it on her desk.

"Tell dad that I have fixed my eating habits and that I am eating properly. I ate lunch 2 hours ago," she told.

"I should go and talk to my father?" he asked, chuckling bitterly. "He doesn't even come near me without it being a reasonable purpose and you want me to talk to my father? I have tried and I have received 'get your filthy ass out of my face' multiple times."

She bit her lip as whatever he said pinched her heart.

"Anyway, I have to head back to work."

He turned around and proceeded towards the door and upon reaching there, he placed his hand on the door knob about to open it, but stopped. "Thanks for saving my life this morning."

He walked out, closing the door behind him, leaving Sanyukta sighing.

She really wanted to see him laugh like how he did when she fell. She wants to see him smile and she wants to see him enjoy his life, forgetting about the pain that has caged him for years.

He deserved the happiness he was looking for, that he needed, to pull himself out of the darkness the engulfed his life.

"Were you crying?" he asked, walking back inside her cabin unexpectedly.

"Uh, yes."

"Why?" He walked further into her cabin, his hands slipped into his pockets.

"My colleague lost her patient. The mother died while giving birth but the baby is fine," she told and feeling his rough hand on her cheek made her look up to face him.

Feeling his rough hand rub against her cheek to wipe the unknown tear that fell from her eye, left her astonished.

"And you lost your mother so you were crying."

He remembered?

She looked on him in confusion, trying to figure out the man who was standing in front of her.

"Yeah," she said softly, looking into his eyes trying to understand what was going on in his mind.

Realizing what he was doing, he quickly moved his hand away from her face and slipped it back into his pocket.

"Eat the tiffin and remember to not wait up for me." Saying that, he walked back to the door to leave but stopped again. "Nice mother's day card, I wish my mom would accept the ones I make every year."

Soham left her cabin leaving his words stuck in her head, playing over and over again.

Hi guys I hope you liked this part. Remember to vote and comment.😉

5454tiffany