23 |The Fun That They Have|

For the amazing song, I would like to thank anupamarrao for suggesting it to me. The song is so beautiful and calming.

10:45pm

He felt the darkness consume him. The chains of pain and the ropes of sadness choked him, death smirking at him as he looked him in the eye.

His screams, his wounds and his tears, all of them were mocking him. They laughed in his face as they watch him drown in the pit of loneliness and hurt.

The marks and the scars, they all stung him, gripping his skin tightly stinging him harder the more he shouted.

The feel of the belt. That feeling could never go away. It carved itself into his skin, deeper and deeper as time went by.

"Don't beat me I didn't do it! D-Dad please! Believe me dad. M-Mom tell dad that I didn't do it." Soham mumbled, clenching his shirt as he slept on the recliner.

"D-Dad please!"

"Soham let's-" before she could finish his mumblings reached her ears.

"D-Don't beat me. I didn't do anything."

"Soham?" Walking over to him in concern, she placed her hand on his shoulder and shook him gently.

"D-Dad please don't."

"Soham wake up. Soham."

He jumped out of his sleep after feeling her last shake. Sweat ran down his face and fear and pain laced his eyes.

Looking around frantically, he then understood that he was in his room in his house and that it was all a nightmare.

"Are you okay?" she asked in concern.

"Y-Yeah." His soft and gentle voice gave her a sense of fear which she knew was holding him.

"Here drink some water." Passing the glass of water which was on the nightstand near to the recliner, she handed it to him.

"Thanks."

Soham gulped the entire thing down in one go, wiping his sweat with his handkerchief after.

"Bad dream?"

"Nightmare." He got up and walked towards the bathroom but her voice stopped him.

"Wear this and come downstairs." Sanyukta threw his jacket on him and left the room with the car keys in her hand.

Looking on the jacket in confusion, he slowly put it on and continued to look around as the nightmare really shook him up.

He went downstairs and walked out of the house only to see her leaning again the car, looking up in the sky.

"Why did you ask me to come here?"

"We're going to a fair," she told as she walked to the other side of the car.

"But it's almost 11 pm, which fair is going to be open now and I am not in the mood to go," he said, ready to go back inside.