11 |The Heart That's Cold|

Verma Mansion

She stared at the stars as it shone brightly, wrapping it surroundings with its light. She tried to search for her mom who was living among with stars, with a small smile on her face.

The soothing silence around her made her sigh in peace, as she enjoyed staring at the sky, admiring the stars that were smiling at her.

The cool breeze hugged her body making her shiver a bit, but she still stood there, on the balcony thinking about whatever happened earlier that day.

It was still puzzling her how Soham wiped her tears despite the fact that he resents her.

It still shocked her that he remembered that she lost her mother and how he knew the reason why she was crying right away.

He is like a puzzle, with many pieces to put together but the more she gets to know him was the more pieces she needed to put together.

At one point he was fighting with pain and sorrow and the other point he was fighting for love from his parents, but each point had a subtopic.

Sanyukta was waiting for him though he told her not to. She knew that he might come home drunk and to help him, she decided to wait.

She waited, waited and waited but she didn't hear him pull up in the driveway.

It went from 11:30 pm to 12:00 am, 12:00 am to 12:30 am and 12:30 am to 1:00 am and she still didn't see him.

The food that she placed in his room must have gotten cold by now but she didn't lose hope.

Sleep kissed her eyes making them slowly shut, but every time they do she quickly got up.

Yawning, she settled more into the chair she placed on the balcony an hour ago as her legs were getting tired from standing.

Suddenly, she heard tires screeching in the driveway making her jump off the chair and walk out of her room.

Walking down the hall and to the staircase, Sanyukta saw him walking inside and shockingly not in a drunken state.

She was thankful that he wasn't drunk and to convince him to eat dinner was going to be a hard task, nevertheless she was going to try.

He ascended up the stairs and stopped  upon seeing Sanyukta standing beside the railing.

"I told you not to wait up for me then why did you?" he asked coldly, walking towards his room.

"I have gotten to know a little about you Soham and to make sure that you didn't hurt yourself again, I stayed up," she told, walking behind of him.

"You don't know anything about me Sanyukta and whether or not I hurt myself why do you care?"

"I am a human being Soham." She took his hand, stopping him right in front of his room. "Seeing another human hurt themselves hurts me and-"

"I'm not in the mood for any of this. Please leave me alone and go to sleep."

He dragged his hand out of hers and opened the door of his room, walking inside.

"I will leave you alone but please eat the food I placed on the coffee table. You didn't get to eat dinner," she said, standing at the door.

"I'm not hungry and anyway, I ate something before I got here." Soham took off his blazer and placed it on the bed, taking off his watch.

"You're lying," she spoke, making him glare at her.

"Don't you get the memo? I said to leave me alone!" He walked over to her with long strides, anger now boiling up in his body.

"You drank again?" she asked moving away from him, noticing the smell of alcohol in his breath.

"Yes and you can't stop me from drinking," he walked over to the coffee table and looked on the plate of food. "I don't want this, take it away."

"It's going stay there until you eat it. Good night." Sanyukta walked out of his room leaving him in shock with her stubborn behavior once again.

Sitting down on his bed, he stared at the plate remembering her forcing him to eat it just like the way she did when he was in the hospital.

'Why is she doing all of this? Why does care about me?' he thought, sighing.

His stomach growled, giving away his hunger and he went over to the table and took up the plate.

Soham sat down and ate everything, calming his hunger which was bothering him since yesterday morning.

For some reason her cooking tasted like his grandfather's. It had love and care in it, in which he missed eating after the death of grandfather.

Everything was just right, from the spice to the amount of salt and to top it off it was favourite, Dal Chawal.

Filling his stomach to its content, he placed the plate back on the table and went to freshen up.
~
Sanyukta laid on her bed, staring up into the ceiling lost in her thoughts.

Why doesn't he understand that drinking will damage his liver that will or can later cause liver cancer and death?

Why doesn't he understand that by doing all of this is just hurting himself and putting his life in danger?

He almost killed himself by drinking and driving, yet he doesn't want to give up alcohol.

His drinking habits were a problem. It bothered her in many ways and being a doctor it worried her to see him hurt himself like that.

Her eyes unknowingly closed while she slowly got lost in her thoughts, drifting off to sleep where all of those dreadful memories of the past haunt her.

After freshening up he walked down the hall to go to the basement, but stopped in front of the guest room she was staying in.

His eyes fell on her uncomfortable figure that was twisting and turning, murmuring something in her sleep.

He walked inside to calm her down but he stopped himself.

'Turn around and leave Soham,' his mind told.

"Mama, you can't leave me."

Hearing her murmer in her sleep made him want to turn around to wake her up out of her nightmare, but he stood there, rooted in his place.

"Dad why are they taking mama away? Why is she bleeding? Mama."

Soham closed his eyes and left her room quickly, walking down the hall back to his room.

He opened the door and closed it with a thud behind of him, and leaned against it.

Her murmuring played over and over in his head which made him remember that he also murmur in his sleep at night because of the nightmares that haunt him.

He was suffering from the same thing she was, pain.

"I think I should go back and wake her up," he told himself but his mind stopped him again.

Confused with himself, he sat on the floor with his hands over his face, stuck deep in his thoughts.

Hi guys I hope you liked this part. Remember to vote and comment.😉

5454tiffany