20 |The Shoulder That She Can Cry On|

Soham's POV

An hour. We were sitting on the floor in each other's embrace for an hour. I knew she fell asleep as I didn't feel her move and I could hear her small snores.

She relaxed in my embrace so much that I think she thinks I am her bed.

During the past four months of our marriage we have never been this way before. Never.

All of this feels new to me and whatever I have been doing feels new.

Me accepting her as my wife felt new.

Me being there for her all the time felt new.

Me doing this, keeping her in my arms with her head on my shoulder felt new.

I wasn't used to this.

Well, the hugging part I wasn't used it.

When she first hugged me I felt an old feeling on warmth and care rush through me. The only person who ever hugged me like that was my grandfather and after he passed, I have never been hugged.

But she brought back that feeling, the feeling that I thought was lost forever.

She was powerful in her own little way and I guess she doesn't know it.

I felt her nuzzle her head more into the crook of my neck, holding me a little tighter than before.

She was definitely thinking I was her bed.

I chuckled softly and shifted a little to make myself more comfortable.

My back was paining like hell but I bared that. That feeling was embedded in me since I was 10 years old.

I took her up in my arms, her head still in the crook of my neck and walked over to the bed. She looked so peaceful yet hurt while she slept.

Her face tear stained and her eyes were puffy.

I set her down on the bed, fixing her legs properly then drew for the duvet but her grip on my shirt stopped me.

I looked down to her hand seeing that she was holding shirt, murmuring something in her sleep.

"You can't leave me. Don't go. I need you."

I tried to remove her hand from my shirt but she held it firmly, not wanting to let go.

I sighed and laid down beside her, placing pillows in between us.

I placed my head on the pillow and glanced over to her. Though she has been through a lot she plastered a smile on her face.

She was like me. Faking whatever emotion was on the outside to hide the one on the inside.

Looking away, I shifted my gaze to the ceiling in deep thought.

Unknowingly, I fell asleep on back with her still holding my shirt.
~
Feeling the heavy weight suddenly pressure my left foot, I slowly opened my eye and looked down only to find that her leg was on mine.

I turned my head to her as she was hugging me like a teddy bear.

I didn't want her to find us like this. It was already too awkward and I didn't want it to get any worse.

Slowly moving my leg from under hers, I tried to move her hand which was now hugging my chest.

Sanyukta stirred in her sleep feeling me moving her limbs. I stopped instantly until she stopped but that didn't go as planned.

She got up.

"What are you doing in my bed?" she asked jumping up, covering herself with the sheet.

"You fell asleep on my shoulder and you wouldn't let go of my shirt so I had sleep here."