44 |The Things That Woo Her|

Sanyukta quickly rushed down the halls of the hospital to put her bag in her cabin before she met with her senior doctor.

She cursed Soham in her mind for letting her arrive to work late and for staying in traffic for 30 minutes, listening to his list of sad songs he had in her playlist that he changed.

'Now that gives me another reason to curse him. He changed my playlist!' she thought angrily, pushing the door of her cabin open.

The first thing that caught her eyes were the beautiful floors he sent her before her leave that were sitting peacefully in the vase on her desk, smiling at her.

She smiled back it and the idea of beating him up with the rolling pin left her mind, but other ways of revenge lurked around.

"Ahem." The rough voice of her senior doctor, Dr. Malhotra boomed from the door making her eyes widen.

Slowly turning around, Sanyukta plastered an awkward smile on her face and thought about the long lecture he was going to give her about punctuality.

"So you decided to show up Dr. Verma, how nice." His tone was spitting sarcasm and all she could do was play with her fingers.

"Sir I-"

"No excuses Dr. Verma come to my cabin now. We were supposed to discuss something important but since you came late then it's better that I bless you with my long lecture about punctuality," he said with a wide smile playing on his face.

"Dr. Verma and Dr. Rathore we need you in the OT on the second floor," the person over the intercom announced making her jump in joy, of course not in front of her senior.

"Don't think I will forget about this." He walked away with his arms still folded across his chest allowing her to release a sigh of relief.

'I will beat you up with two rolling pins Soham just wait and watch.' she thought as she left her cabin.
~~~~~~~
"And to present this point Rahul will take the floor-did you check the security cameras properly? Last night they were giving some issues."

Soham was balancing his back to back meetings, his tons of emails reply to, files to complete and the break in situation at his office all at once.

His headache was getting worse, the pain pounding his head as if it was stabbing him with a knife.

"Did you create a list of all the things that are missing?" he asked getting up from his chair.

"Yes sir and yes Jatin went to the police station for questioning."

"Okay I hope you increased the security and-"

"Sir should I continue with the other point?"

"Hold on Dinesh." Soham went back to his chair and sat back around his desk, unmuting his mic. "No uh, Khushi you present the other point and then after that Arman will move on to 'Deadlines and Extension Dates'. I have allowed you all to share screen so there should be no problem in doing so."

Soham muted his mic again and minimized his Zoom call screen in order to go into his email to reply to his dozens of messages.

"As I was saying I hope you increased the security and have installed more CCTV cameras with persons watching it 24/7. I don't want whatever happened last night to happen again," saying that he hung up and placed his phone next to the photo frame of him and Sanyukta.

He traced his fingers over it and smiled, remembering the day the photo was taken and how scared she was of the horse they were taking the photo with.

He felt a little lonely without her even though it has only been a few hours since she left for work.

He wanted her to be around all time so that he could hear her voice, see her face and see her smile but he couldn't stop her from going to work because of that.