31 |The Unknown Feelings That He Feels|

"The both of you still haven't given me the answer to my question," Sanyukta spoke, breaking the dead silence in the living room.

"We didn't want to give you up beta but what else could we have done? We took loans from dangerous people and they were after us.

They killed your brother and sister right in front of us and we couldn't see them kill you too so we gave you to Rajveer. And about us not visiting you, we came but you were too small to remember.

We saw Antara and Rajveer playing with you and you looked so happy with them. They couldn't have kids and was planning to adopted so we gave them the opportunity, we gave them you."

Himanshi(Sanyukta's mother) broke down in tears looking on Sanyukta, her baby girl. She stared at her from head to toe, admiring the young woman her daughter turned out to be.

So composed, well spoken and sophisticated.

"For someone else's happiness we gave you up but I am glad they got a chance to be parents," Gaurav spoke caressing her face.

"You guys have lost so much and gave up your last living child for my parents happiness. Not everyone would do that." She sighed and started to play with her fingers looking down at them. "But I won't stop loving Rajveer dad to love the both of you. I will love all three of you equally."

"Three? What happened to Antara?" Himanshi asked.

Sanyukta closed her eyes fighting back the tears which threatened to escape them, but upon hearing Soham's voice she shifted her gaze to him.

"Actually Antara mom died in an accident."

He sat down in front of them, wiping his hands into his handkerchief.

"I'm sorry to hear that beta."

"Yeah, I miss her a lot," saying that she got up and went upstairs with her hands in her pockets.

"Give her some time, she will come around. Would you like to have tea or coffee?"

"It's okay beta, we were just leaving. Tell Sanyukta that we love her and if she wants we can give her some space," Himashi said giving him a small smile.

"I will."

"And please take good care of her. Not only is she Rajveer's angel, she is ours as well. She has been through a lot and all she wants is love." Gaurav held his hand looking on him with pleading eyes.

"Uncle don't worry about her. I will take good care of her. And yeah u-uh-" Soham looked away feeling a little embarrassed of what he was going to say. He bit his lip smiling just at the thought." She is not only your angel she is mine too."

They chuckled and patted his back seeing how hard he was blushing.

"There is nothing to be embarrassed about Soham. Say it freely," Gaurav whispered.

They waved at him as they left the living room leaving him chuckling at himself.

'Blushing huh? What's up with you? After hearing Sanyukta's name you turn into a tomato now,' his mind teased causing him to slap himself in the head and that was when realization hit him.
~
"Sanyukta?" he called, knocking on the door with a tray of food in his hands.

"This is your room you know you don't need to knock."

"You were in here and I didn't know if you were changing or anything so I had to knock." He sat down on the bed next to her and placed the tray in her lap. "You didn't finish eating."

"I don't feel hungry anymore," she told handing the tray back to him, turning her face to the other side.

"Lying is not good. Come on open."