29 |The Kiss That They Share|

1 Year Later

'We wanted to abort you and honestly I wish we did.'

'You were a mistake. You weren't supposed to happen.'

'I felt like stabbing myself in the stomach to get rid of you but I stopped myself because in the end I would get hurt.'

'You ruined our lives Soham.'

It has been a year. One freaking year and he still hasn't forgotten those words.

There were days when he used think that they should've aborted him, at least he wouldn't have gone through so much torture in his life but he was glad that they didn't because, though it was forced, he got married to Sanyukta who was slowly changing his life.

They started to share a bed and most off the times he would find himself on the edge as Sanyukta was a BAD sleeper, well that was if she wasn't in his arms.

Though them going to jail pulled that knife out of heart and soul which has been embedded in him for years, he was still broken and shattered.

His nightmares never went away. His father beating him mercilessly for things he didn't even do would still haunt him.

His parents crushing his soul every second of the day still haunted him and him crying for God to save him from his parents would still haunt him.

Sanyukta saw some changes in his behavior but he rarely shows it as he was still upset and hurt from hearing the truth of his parents hatred towards him.

They hated him for THEIR mistake. It still made no fucking sense to the both them but he was still broken by it.

There would be days were he was caring, loving and kind towards her but there would be days were he would be cold as ice.

She was finally convinced that he was Bipolar and scheduled a doctor's appointment for next week Friday.

For past few days he hardly spoke to her. It was just home to work and work to home.

She knew he was trying to occupy his mind from the things that happened but he was really putting too much pressure on himself.

Stay up all night to complete files and presentations and to get things ready for a scheduled meeting wasn't good for his health, and no matter how many times she would tell him he would continue to do so.

"Come with me," she said placing a blindfold over his eyes, stopping him from typing.

"What is this Sanyukta? I am trying to work."

"Please Soham. Can't you do this for your sweetheart?" she asked cutely pouting at him.

"Fine, stop your pouting."

She got used to this too, him knowing what she was doing without even looking. It was like he had eyes everywhere.

Most of the times it would creep her out but it was one of the things she loved about him.

As she led him downstairs, she giggled in excitement as can't wait to show him the surprise she had for him.

"You are giggling like a child, something is up. What did you do now? Is this a prank? If it is you better sleep with one eye open tonight," he told pinching her hand.

"Ouch!" Sanyukta slapped him playfully and chuckled, moving a balloon out of her way. "It's something better."

She stopped at the door of the kitchen and took the blindfold from off his face; his mouth dropped to the ground in shock, seeing the red and white balloons and the big banner with 'Happy Birthday Soham' written on it.