14 |The Soul That's Crushed|

Sanyukta's POV

After helping me when I was on my periods, Soham started ignoring me, blocking me out. I can't tell the last time he made eye contact with me.

We haven't spoken to each other since then, no matter how many times I tried to talk to him. I would hardly see him also.

It was like I never existed. Well now because Soham is shutting me out of his life, I have to lie to my dad.

He would check up on me now and then to find out how things are between us and especially now since I'm sick he would call more often.

"Yes dad I took the medicines and I am taking rest," I told, continuing or 10 minute conversation as I got off the bed slowly with little aches in my joints.

"Yes I am drinking lots of liquids and eating healthy foods. Can we stop playing question and answer now?"

He chuckled over the phone making me smile a bit.

I walked out of my room and towards the kitchen since I hungry.

"How are things at home? I hope you are exercising."

I could imagine his facial expressions right now. He hates exercising to the core, for what reason he still haven't told me.

"Beta, I have to go. My cake is burning." He quickly hung up and I slipped the phone into my back pocket.

I entered the kitchen only to be stopped by Aisha.

"I was looking everywhere for you bhabhi," she started, placing a big bag in my hands. "I want you to wash these along this those, here's a list of foods I want for dinner and iron the clothes also."

"Aisha I-" before I could finish, my sneeze stopped me and covering my nose I turned my head away.

"I can't I don't-"

I sneezed once again making me not complete my sentence. I felt horrible. I was congested, I had a fever, I'm sneezing no stop and they're pain in my joints.

I wanted to lay down and sleep but I felt hungry and everyone was busy so I have to help myself.

"I can't Aisha. I don't feel good. I'm sick," I told but her demanding face didn't change a bit.

"Whatever I just want them done and when you are finished I need you to complete my Science assignment," she said, smiling at me.

"Sanyukta is sick Aisha, why can't you understand that?"

Hearing his voice after so long felt different. It was a little deeper than before but it still held the same emotions.

His tone sounded caring yet cold at the same time.

He walked over to us and took the bag out of my hands and placed it on the basket of clothes Aisha wanted me to wash along with it.

"Was I talking to you? No right, then how dare you force yourself into this conversation?" Her voice held bitterness and hatred which were strongly expressed in her eyes as well.
"And why are you so close to me? Eww, step away please!"

Soham took a step back and looked on  everything except in her eyes.

"Why are still standing before me you toad? Move! Seeing your face disgusts me."

"Aisha, Sanyukta can't do all of this. Let Manish or Yamini do it. She's sick," he said and for the first time I think I heard a little concern in his tone.

"Do you see 'I care' on my face?" She looked on me from head to toe and looked away from me to face him who was roped by pain and hurt.

"Let Soham do it princess." The voice of his father boomed from the door of the kitchen making the both of us look on him. "Sanyukta is sick but Soham isn't so let him do it since he is so worried about his wife."