30 |The Things That He Does For Her|

Soham was busy playing with his fingers as he sat on his bed, remembering what had happened a few minutes ago.

'I love you Soham. I really do.'

'I can't live without you. Whenever you get hurt it breaks me.'

'Just shut up and kiss me.'

He looked down at his fingers and blushed, remembering them kissing.

"Soham?" Sanyukta called as she walked back into his room.

She saw him blushing and chuckled, walking over to him.

"Here you go baby." She handed him two gift boxes as she sat down next to him but he was busy staring at her in confusion.

"Where is the baby? I don't see any baby in here," he said cutely as he looked around the room making her smiled at his innocence.

"No Soham. Baby or babe is a nickname that married couples use. You call me sweetheart so I decided to call you baby, or do you want me to call you Soh bear?"

"Any one you like. Anyway what are in these?"

"Open it and see."

He opened the first box and saw the blanket he was in love with when he was little.

"M-My baby blanket," he spoke softly caressing it slowly.

"It's from Urmi. She wanted to give it to you herself but Vanya wasn't eating so she had to leave." Sanyukta watched how Soham lifted the blanket and held it against his chest, hugging it tightly. "She said your grandfather used to put you to sleep on this blanket every night."
(Vanya is the name of Urmi's baby girl)

"I-I remember. He told me. This blanket was like my best friend back then."

"Now open my gift. There is a really special surprise inside."

Soham placed the blanket on the other side of the bed, after folding it of course and took up the box in which Sanyukta wrapped neatly in his favorite colors, red and white.

He stood up in shock seeing the remote control race car his grandfather gave him on the he died, fixed and in good shape.

"Y-You f-fixed i-it? After Aisha broke it I thought it could never be fixed."

"Urmi told me that this race car is everything to you so I had to fix it. I wanted to see you smile."

She grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, engulfing her in a tight hug.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I tried fixing it for years but I wasn't able to."

He was now in tears, sobbing on her shoulder in happiness. The one thing that he cherished as his most prized possession was finally fixed and that too by HER.

"Calm down, shhh," Sanyukta whispered, rubbing his back gently.

Soham felt like she placed his grandfather in front of him. He loved him so much and even though he was on his death bed that day, he still managed to give him HIS first toy.

Though it was in pieces all these years he still cherished them and played with the pieces, holding on to the memories tied to it.

Now today she did what he failed to do all these years and he doesn't know how to thank her.

Cupping her face, Soham placed kisses all over her face in joy, tears still running down his cheeks.

"Okay Soham I get it, you are thankful." It tickled a bit as he placed kisses all over her face making her chuckle. "Soham stop."