22 |The Side That She Takes|

Later That Day

"I won't dad! I will not apologize to that bastard!"

"You have to! Because of you Mr. Choudary is ruining us!"

"What does that have to do with me? If Samar had kept his hands to himself then I wouldn't have slapped him! And Sanyukta is a girl, a woman so is Aisha and if this was about Aisha it would a whole different thing!"

"Don't raise your voice at me young man, remember I am your father. And I don't care about Sanyukta. She is your responsibility, not mine."

"Whatever dad but my decision is final, and if you don't care then why did you get me married to her. Yes she is my responsibility but she is yours too. She is your daughter in law and you are her second father. "

"Your decision? When have you started to take decisions for yourself? As far as I can remember, I do that, not you."

"Do whatever you like dad but I won't apologize to him, whether you like it," Soham took a long breath, finding the small courage in him to refuse his father. "Or not."

'If you continue to be their doormat they will continue to use you. Stand up for yourself Soham.'

He still remember her words as if it was yesterday. Though he was avoiding and ignoring her that day, when she said those words his ears couldn't stop itself from listening.

He still remember the both of them siting on the floor, leaning against the door, their heads leaned back and eyes closed, him inside his room and her outside.

"You are saying no to me? ME? Randhir Verma. Where did so much confidence come from? Anyway, you wouldn't like the outcome of it right?"

"I am not a child anymore for you to take out your belt and beat me. I am a man now and-"

"And I still can do it because guess what? I am your father. 3 days. I am giving you three days to apologize to Samar or else you won't like it."

Soham threw the phone across the room making it connect with the wall, braking the screen.

He pulled his hair in frustration as the pressure from his father was increasing.

"Soham dinner is-"

"I want to be alone," he said coldly, his voice bitter and rough as he cut her off.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, please go."

"Are you su-"

"Yes Sanyukta, now please leave." Frustrated, he sat down on the bed rubbing his temples slowly.

"Come down when you are ready," she told and walked out.

He got up and looked on himself in the mirror. 'Why me? What have I done before that I am getting punished like this? I just want a normal life,' he thought.

Soham raised him hand to slam it in the glass but Sanyukta held it.

"This is why I didn't want to leave, so that you can't do this."

Sighing, he turned around to face her taking his hand out of her hold.

"What happened Soham?"

"Dad wants me to apologize to that-" Soham stopped, trying calm himself down before he does something in anger. "That bastard!"

"You didn't do anything wrong then why should you apologize?" she asked.

"I don't know, but dad wants me to. He is pressuring me day after day after day, threatening me too."