21 |The Little Things He Does|

Holding her shoulders tighter but with care, Soham tried to calm her down.

"I don't want to lose him too Soham," she spoke softly, her body numb and tired.

"Rajveer uncle won't leave you Sanyukta, he will stay with you forever but if he sees you crying then he will start to cry, won't he? She wiped her tears quickly after hearing his words and looked on his smiling. "He wants you to be strong and I know it."

'You are talking about strong? What do you know about being strong? You are a weak ass man and always will be,' his mind cursed, stabbing him with what he thought was the truth.

Trying not to give in, Soham closed his eyes fighting his own personal battle, but he still held on her as he wanted to help her with hers.

"I-I won't go anywhere princess." Hearing her father's soft, cracking voice her eyes fell on him, who was trying to keep his heavy eyes open.

"P-Papa."

Rajveer burst into tears upon hearing his daughter call him 'Papa'. It was only when she was broken badly she called him 'Papa'.

Coming out of Soham's arms, Sanyukta hugged him tightly but carefully, resting her head on his shoulders in tears.

"Soham why are standing there? Join us."

"I couldn't intervene."

"Come son."

Soham took baby steps to towards the bed and leaned over to hug him. Rajveer used his hand and pulled him down causing him to crash into Sanyukta's back.

Rajveer hugged both of his children tightly, his warm embrace making Soham fight with his tears.

He has never been in a fatherly embrace before. He never felt what is was like to hug a father, but Rajveer changed that.

Sanyukta didn't want to let go of him. She wanted to continue hugging him until she felt like it was time to let go.

She thought she would loose him the same way she lost her mother.

She thought that she would relive her childhood which was full of depression.

"I knew you wouldn't leave me papa. I knew it," her voice cracked just like his as she nuzzled her head more into his neck, holding him tighter.

"How could I leave my princess? And anyway, even if I died, I know that you are in good hands."

Patting Soham's back, he smiled at his daughter's concern and worry for him.

"This was planned," Soham spoke, coming out of Rajveer's hold.

"What do you mean son?" he asked.

"Someone deliberately called you for you come out of the house so that they can kill you."

"Soham do really think that? Come on son it was an accident and nothing else and the person who called me was my lawyer."

"Can we stop talking about the accident and focus on the fact that dad is alive please. If I think about it one more time my brain will explode," Sanyukta told pouting.

"I miss seeing you like this." He blew her a kiss, smiling at her.

"I am glad you're okay dad. At least now I can get some sleep. She has been crying nonstop since she the heard news," Soham told, sliding his hands into his pockets.

Looking away, Sanyukta bit her lip as she played with her fingers.

"After Antara left us she has been like that. If something happens to me then a river of tears flow down her cheeks. I guess you would just have to live with it beta."