46 |The Battle That They Almost Lost|

Sanyukta turned to her left as she snuggled more into the white sheets, placing her hand on Soham's side of the bed to cuddle with him.

Feeling the empty bed, Sanyukta got up rubbing her eyes half asleep wondering where he could have gone.

She slowly got out of bed and pushed her feet into her fluffy black bed slippers, which were sitting beside the nightstand, and fixed his shirt which she threw on a few hours ago.

'The bathroom lights aren't on so where could he be?' she thought as she walked out of the room yawning.

"Soh?" she called softly, her voice raspy from just getting up.

Like a child, she walked down the stairs rubbing her eyes in search of her husband.

Suddenly, she heard shuffling coming from the kitchen, and in curiosity, she walked towards the door.

"Soh?" She asked in confusion pushing the door open. "What are you doing here? It's 5 am."

"I was hungry and came to eat some ice cream," he replied cutely, licking off the spoon as he held the ice cream tub in hand, with a cream mustache above his lip.

"Aww."

Sanyukta went up to him and pecked his lips, going on her tippy toes to reach his height making his shirt go up with her.

"Strawberry ice cream?" she asked, tasting the cream.

"Yup, your favorite."

"And you didn't wake me up! Soh!"

Sanyukta folded her arms across her chest and pouted like a child, turning her back at him.

"Sorry Sani but you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake you up." He placed the tub on the counter and snaked his hands around her waist, playing with the button of the shirt.

"I won't talk to you," she huffed.

"Are you sure?" he asked, nuzzling his head more into her neck.

"Very."

"Do you mean it?"

Now grazing his lips against the skin of her neck, Sanyukta found it very hard not to stick to her words.

Soon, the slow unbuttoning of the shirt and his deep kisses on her neck caused her chest to heave, her breathing now uneven.

She tilted her back so that it was touching his shoulder as if allowing him more space to continue his sweet torture which he did passionately.

"Soham," a whisper escaped her lips that in a matter of seconds fueled his actions, much to both of their enjoyment.

"Tell me sweetheart, do you mean what you said?" he said in between his kisses, his hot breath fanning on her neck.

"Yeah," she breathed, trying to keep her composer that was slowly becoming futile.

"Are you sure?" he asked, resting his hand on her stomach as he drew circles above her belly button.

"Okay, fine you win." She gave in which put a smile on his face but he didn't stop with his romantic ways.

He turned her around and placed his forehead against hers. "Why are you so beautiful and tempting? I mean if looks could kill I would be dead already."

Sanyukta smiled and broke away from his hold, sitting on the counter beside the half-empty ice cream tub.

"I was born that way, beautiful."

He placed his hands on either side of her hips and leaned in with his mouth open. "I believe that next scoop of ice cream is mine."

"You already ate half, this half is mine."