09 |The Words That Hurt|

The sun once again mischievously entered her room and danced on her face to wake her up from her slumber that she was peacefully in.

It was very knowledge that it shouldn't be messed with as it always got its way, and that's what it did. The sun's rays continued to work its magic, but this time it planted kisses on her face.

Sanyukta groaned and covered her face with her pillow but to no avail, she had kicked the sheets off her the night before and so her legs were exposed to the sun causing it smirk.

"Ugh, fine I'm getting up," she gave in and dragged herself out of bed. She didn't trust herself to sit up as it would only lead to her falling back to sleep.

Yawing as she headed to the bathroom, she passed by the mirror and her eyes fell on the mangalsutra that hung around her neck.

She was married. In a sacred bond of loyalty, trust, communication and love, but the situation that she was in now, she doesn't seem as if all of those things would be achieved.

Sanyukta simply peeled her eyes away from her reflection and went into the bathroom to freshen up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After their talk the night before, she wanted to check up on him, maybe talk about how things were going to move forward as they were both now husband and wife.

Pushing the slightly opened door, she saw him placing a glass shard on his wrist, ready to slice his veins.

"Soham!" she yelled, running over to him. "What the hell are you doing?"

Grabbing the razor out of his hand, she threw it in the bin and turned him to face her.

"Why Soham? Suicide is not the answer." Her was voice was laced with concern that was audible in her tone and worry lurking in her eyes.

"Leave me alone! Let me die! You wouldn't understand what I am going through. I don't-" he held his head tighter feeling the pain pounding inside it. "I don't want to live anymore."

"You can't kill yourself for those who don't treat you right. It will show them that they have achieved torturing you until you took your own life," she said holding his hands.

"I just want to be alone Sanyukta. Please leave," he told pushing her hands away as he stood up.

"I won't leave you alone because you will try to harm yourself again."

Soham wondered why she cared for him so much, the hardly knew each other and whatever he does to himself shouldn't matter at all to her.

They were still strangers.

It puzzled him.

'Suicide is not the answer Soham.'

What she said was true but he wanted freedom. Even if he went to his house, pain was still with him. Pain was always with him and it doesn't want to let go so instead of it letting go, then why doesn't he let go?

It made sense doesn't it?

Sanyukta went over to him and held his wrist, taking him over to the bed to sit.

"Killing yourself isn't going to make a difference, Soham. Why should you be punished for the way they treat you? By doing all of this you giving them more power.

You are showing them that they have succeed in breaking you to the point of no return, to the point where you want to kill yourself." She looked down at wrist and saw multiple marks of his attempted suicide. Then and there she felt horrible. "What will you gain by losing your life?"

"Freedom. The one that I need," he replied.

"Freedom is when you will finally be able to forget the pain and sorrow that they gave you, show them that no matter how much they try, you can't break.