16 |The Behavior That Confuses|

Soham dragged her to the backyard, finally out running the media reporters who were following them since the incident that happened inside.

"You're fine right? He didn't touch you anywhere else did he?" he asked, looking on her with concern laced in his eyes along with anger.

"I'm fine but please calm-"

She sneezed and quickly covered her nose preventing the tiny water droplets to fall on Soham who was standing right in front of her.

"Sorry. But please calm down I don't want-" before she could finish, he cut her off.

"Calm down? That bastard touched you inappropriately Sanyukta!"

"I know that Soham and whatever you did was right but let it go. Whenever you get angry you tend to do things which could hurt yourself," she told, holding his shoulders.

"I don't care about that. I just want to know that he didn't do anything else to you. Just say the word and he is dead." Soham looked into her eyes, seeing distress and disgust from what happened inside.

"While I am alive, no one can touch you. I promise you that," he said softly making her smile at his sweet behavior which was entirely new to her.

"Can I ask a question?" she asked.

"Anything."

"Why are you like this?"

"Like what?"

Sanyukta sighed and turned away from him hugging herself to keep warm as the cool breeze held her body.

"At one point you distance yourself from me and at another point you do things for me, you help me."

Soham's face straightened as he walked over to her, fixing his jacket's cuffs.

"You don't know me Sanyukta. You don't understand me either. I'm a man beyond your understanding and the more you try to understand me is the more complicated I get," he told, leaning closer to her face before walking away.

"You might think I don't understand you but I do and you can't see that," Sanyukta replied holding his wrist, stopping him from walking away.

"Behind the Soham whom the world knows, is a different man entirely and that man is beyond your understanding whether you are ready to accept it or not."

He pulled his hand out of her hold and walked to his car, with the events which happened inside playing over in his head.

Soham's POV

His dirty hands touched her. Making her uncomfortable and disgusted.

He touched MY wife. Soham Verma's wife.

That bastard placed his hands where they aren't supposed to go and if Sanyukta didn't hold me back then I would have chopped his hands off right there and then.

I saw her pushing his hands away. I saw her trying to get out of disgusting hold but that snake didn't let her go.

I just couldn't stop myself.

I had to slap that sinister smirk off of his face to show him that NO man puts their hands on MY wife.

'Weren't you the same man who told her that you don't accept her?' my mind mocked as I sat down angrily in the driver's seat of the car.

I couldn't deny the fact that I don't accept her as my wife but yet I treat her like my wife, like my life partner.

I help her when she needs help and I care for her when she needs it the most.