02 |The Blood That Flows|

"Don't save me."

Sanyukta's eyes widen in shock at his unusual request and held his hands tightly.

"I won't let anything happen to you, I promise," she said softly and he tried to shake his head but he was too weak and hurt to do so.

They pushed him inside the ICU and washed up for the operation. Sanyukta was still in shock at his request and wondered why he would want that.

Never in her 2 years of medical experience had she ever heard of someone not wanting a doctor to save them.

"Dr. Ahuja, we need to start the operation," her colleague told, tapping her shoulder pulling her out of her thoughts.

She walked over to him and saw him lying on the operation table lifelessly and his request played back in her mind again.

"Okay, let's start," she announced.

Hours passed and the operation was still going on. Reporters and other media personnels were crowding outside the hospital, trying to get inside but ward boys and junior doctors were holding the doors keeping them out.

"Operation successful. Keep him here for 24 hours under observation. I am going to talk to his family," Sanyukta spoke as she took off her mask and bloody gloves.

After washing up and taking off her scrubs, she went outside only to see his employee standing in front of the door anxiously.

"Excuse me, are you related to him?" she asked and he shook his head.

"Then where are his parents or relatives? Didn't you inform them?"

"I did but they didn't decide to come. But you can tell me if my boss is okay or not."

"Why didn't they come?"she asked.

"It's a bit private and I don't think my boss will be comfortable with me tell anyone."

"Your boss will be okay. He has suffered a few injuries like a sprained wrist and some wounds on his arms and legs. Right now he is in a critical condition and he will have to stay in the ICU for 24 hours."

"Thank you doctor. I have never seen him like that and it really hurts me to see him that way," he told and she chuckled.

"Well it's my job and don't worry about him. Trust me he will be fine." Smiling at him, Sanyukta walked down the hall but only to be stopped by someone who held her hand.

Turning around she saw her best friend smiling at her with small bag in his hand.

"Ishaan what are you in the emergency hall? You know you aren't allowed here," she said taking him away from there and he chuckled holding her shoulders.

"I know I'm not allowed here but I came only for you. I brought your lunch because I know you haven't eaten," he told and she bit her bottom lip as she knew he caught her.

"Next time please don't come in the emergency hall. Anyway, how did you know?"

"Because you are my best friend and I know your habits."

Taking her hand, he pulled her to the cafeteria and made her sit in front of him.

"I'm not hungry though. I just want water, nothing else," she stated and he looked on her sternly making her sigh. "Why do you have to do this for me? Why am I so important to you in your busy life?" Sanyukta watched as he opened the tiffin without even answering her question, knowing he wouldn't either way.

"Why don't you answer me whenever I ask that question? You always ignore it and change the topic." Stopping him from feeding her, she looked on him wanting answers and he sighed.

"You always beat yourself up Sanyukta. You always hurt yourself unknowingly in every possible way." He stared at her as she lowered her head knowing it was true.

"You have been in and out of depression for the past 10 years and when you have finally gotten over it you are finding a way to go back," he belted out angrily with pain audible in his voice.

He hated whenever she cried, he could always hear the pain in her voice as she lost one of the most important persons in her life.

It hurts him to know that she has been living in a pool of sadness and pain which he knows would be hard to get out of.

"How's therapy going? You haven't updated me about your recent session with Dr. Rana."

"It went okay. I felt a bit better ever since I last met him."

"Well that's a good thing isn't it?"

"Yeah I guess so." She sighed and played with her fingers. "I don't want to go back in depression but what can I do? I just can't stop thinking about her or the memories related to her. She was my life even though I only knew her for 4 years.

My mom was my everything and every time I remember that fateful day, I just can't stop myself from crying. What do you expect me to do? Sit around and pretend like nothing didn't happen," she shouted, drawing attention to herself.

"I know that but-"

"You won't understand Ishaan. Your mom is still alive and with you but mine died before my eyes and I can't forget that." With that being said she walked out of the cafeteria in tears.

"Damn it!"

Sanyukta could never forget her mom no matter what anyone says. She doesn't understand why everyone tells her the same thing, 'you have to forget the past and move on'.

They wouldn't know how hard it was to just forget everything and move on.

The person who died wasn't just somebody, it was her mom. The person who gave birth to her. The person who kept her safe for nine months in the womb.

Whenever she closes her eyes, she could still see her mother's dead body lying in front of her with blood all over her and some flowing down in the grass she was lying in.

It pained her, it broke her it and it devoured her. She was still living the dark pit of sadness and probably couldn't come out.
~
Soham woke up to the smell of medicines and the pain arising in his body which didn't feel any less than the pain he was living.

He told the doctor not to save him and he knew that they wouldn't listen to him but he still gave it a try.

He very well knew that his parents weren't outside worried for his life as they were busy with his younger sister as always.

He knew that they wouldn't care about him, whether he was dead or alive. Just like they always told him, 'he was just their unwanted child.'

A tear rolled down his cheek and kissed him, as tears has also became him best friend.

It was his medicine for releasing his pain which darkened his life ever since he was born.

He released a small, soft chuckle though he was in pain as he was happy. Happy that he didn't have to go to the office were some of his pain resides.

His office was his enemy who laughed at him every day as he was left with no option to go there and do business.

It spat on him every time he signed a deal knowing that he was helpless and forced into the world of business and there was no way out.

It was funny how his parents always said he was a mistake but forced him to study business and run their company as he 'was their last hope' since Aisha decided that she would never step foot into the business world.

Getting hurt and feeling pain wasn't anything just like him bleeding. It never bothered him and not to mention it never hurt him because he was habituated to pain ever since his parents told him to his face that he was unwanted.

The therapy sessions were helping him a bit yes, sometimes it made him feel less horrible about himself but sometimes it just couldn't fix what he was always feeling.

All he ever wanted was love but all he got was pain and betrayal which led him to be the man who he was today.

Hi guys I hope you liked this part. Remember to vote and comment.😉

5454tiffany